Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 250+ professionals from 40 different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 400 million euros.
As VP of Product Design (m/f/d) at Taxfix, your mission is to ensure we deliver great user experiences to our customers. You will lead and shape the product design function and drive our product design efforts and initiatives. Luckily there is already an amazing team waiting for you: a team of twelve colleagues who are focusing on product design, content design, growth design and UX research. The product design manager, content design manager and UX research lead will report directly to you. It is your role to be a mentor and coach for your team, to help them develop and grow. As Taxfix is scaling and developing, so is the design function - you will further establish the team and hire more talented designers. In this role, you will report to the CPO, one of our founders.
- Contribute to the product strategy and advocate for a user centric mindset across the entire organisation.
- Hire, coach and develop a team of (currently) twelve eager and ambitious designers and design managers.
- Ensure product teams have all design resources they need to deliver great products.
- Build processes that integrate designers with cross-functional teams from discovery to delivery.
- Ensure delivery of high quality and consistent user experience across all teams and countries.
- Grow a strong team culture that cultivates a collaborative, transparent and inclusive work environment.
- Design experience – 10+ years of experience in a senior UX design role, and experience working on mobile consumer products, ideally in an agile environment.
- Management skills – 6+ years of experience managing design teams, design projects and senior stakeholders.
- People leadership – You enjoy working with people and have a track record for building and leading design teams in a scale-up environment.
- Drive – You set clear goals and metrics, shape strategies, and align the team on the right path to delivery and success.
- Collaborative – With your positive attitude, excellent people skills and inclusive mindset you are able to overcome challenges and maintain a great team culture.
- Chance to build and develop a fantastic design team and function, taking design to a whole new level at Taxfix.
- Have a great impact on the user experience and happiness of our customers.
- Be supported by our leadership team in shaping your tailor made personal and professional development.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- The freedom to work from home or our modern office—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
At Taxfix, we don't just accept diversity—we celebrate it. We're proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. We cherish each person's individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals. Join us!