Company Intro & Mission
As one of the most successful and fast-growing FinTech startup companies in Europe, we are currently experiencing exciting growth and development. We are revolutionising the way people file their taxes; helping them to save money, time and stress by putting a personalised digital tax consultant into the palm of their hands. Our user-friendly Taxfix App enables people to file their tax declaration within 22 minutes on average, without any prior tax knowledge or the complicated forms associated with it.
Our offices in Berlin and Madrid are home to a diverse team of 200+ people who come from more than 40 nations around the world!
VP of Product Design (m/f/d), this is your challenge
As VP of Product Design (m/f/d) at Taxfix, your mission is to ensure we deliver great user experiences to our customers. You will lead and shape the product design function and drive our product design efforts and initiatives. Luckily there is already an amazing team waiting for you: a team of twelve colleagues who are focusing on product design, content design, growth design and UX research. The product design manager, content design manager and UX research lead will report directly to you. It is your role to be a mentor and coach for your team, to help them develop and grow. As Taxfix is scaling and developing, so is the design function - you will further establish the team and hire more talented designers. In this role, you will report to the CPO, one of our founders.
- Contribute to the product strategy and advocate for a user centric mindset across the entire organisation.
- Hire, coach and develop a team of (currently) twelve eager and ambitious designers and design managers.
- Ensure product teams have all design resources they need to deliver great products.
- Build processes that integrate designers with cross-functional teams from discovery to delivery.
- Ensure delivery of high quality and consistent user experience across all teams and countries.
- Grow a strong team culture that cultivates a collaborative, transparent and inclusive work environment.
We’re a fit if you bring these qualities with you
- Design experience – 10+ years of experience in a senior UX design role, and experience working on mobile consumer products, ideally in an agile environment.
- Management skills – 6+ years of experience managing design teams, design projects and senior stakeholders.
- People leadership – You enjoy working with people and have a track record for building and leading design teams in a scale-up environment.
- Drive – You set clear goals and metrics, shape strategies, and align the team on the right path to delivery and success.
- Collaborative – With your positive attitude, excellent people skills and inclusive mindset you are able to overcome challenges and maintain a great team culture.
What’s in it for you?
Of course, we offer you all the perks you would expect from a tech startup that you can check out here. Additionally this role also offers:
- Chance to build and develop a fantastic design team and function, taking design to a whole new level at Taxfix.
- Have a great impact on the user experience and happiness of our customers.
- Be supported by our leadership team in shaping your tailor made personal and professional development.
- Opportunity to take ownership from day one.
- Get relocation and visa support.
- A beautiful office located near to Alexanderplatz.
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, follow this link to view the interview process for this role.
At Taxfix, we don’t just accept diversity, we celebrate it! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability or place of origin. We care about one another at Taxfix and are grateful for each person’s individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals.