Company Intro & Mission
As one of the most successful and fast-growing FinTech startup companies in Europe, we are currently experiencing exciting growth and development. We are revolutionising the way people file their taxes; helping them to save money, time and stress by putting a personalised digital tax consultant into the palm of their hands. Our user-friendly Taxfix App enables people to file their tax declaration within 22 minutes on average, without any prior tax knowledge or the complicated forms associated with it.
Our offices in Berlin and Madrid are home to a diverse team of 200+ people who come from more than 40 nations around the world!
Our Tech Environment
The tax industry is outdated and we have embraced the disruption we can cause here by innovating and thinking outside of the typical "Tax box". We have created our own modelling language - TaxML so our tax experts can focus on designing user journey, while developers can focus on improving the product.
Our Tech stack is React and React Native on the frontend, NodeJs and Elixir on the backend. Everything is running in Docker, orchestrated by Kubernetes and powered by Google Cloud Platform. We are big fans of decentralised end-to-end ownership, cross-system contracts, internal open-source and data-driven decisions.
Our cross-functional teams have full exposure to all of the tech, and we support your development with the areas you want to grow. We have introduced internal Tech communities where you can join the one that excites you the most! We hire for your values and drive to learn - not just your technical skills, we love to foster growth from within.
We love to welcome the Berlin Tech community to our home here at Taxfix for Meetups and events.
- Be part of a multidisciplinary product team working with the latest technologies.
- Be responsible for developing scalable micro-services that support our Apps and our core Tax expert system.
- Be an important player in the integration of different APIs of the electronic tax filling systems of different countries.
- Build and maintain scalable micro-services using NodeJS and TypeScript.
- Apply innovative AI technologies to build intelligent software that can continuously assist users in collecting tax relevant information, enabling a fully-automated and optimised tax return at the end of the year.
- Be involved in important product decisions and work closely with the whole team to deliver top-notch Apps.
Our team is looking for someone who is pragmatic, applies the best software engineering principles to build simple abstractions for complex problems, and who enjoys working in an agile environment.
We’re a fit if you bring these qualities with you
- Passion for crafting high quality and elegant code.
- Previous experience building maintainable and scalable systems based on reliable and fault-tolerant services.
- Good understanding of distributed system and requirements for high availability.
- Experience in taking ownership.
- Full-stack development; most of the solutions we build often require backend, mobile, and web components.
- Knowledge of ELSTER or any Government electronic tax system.
- Familiarity with DevOps principles (knowledge of Docker desirable).
- Contributions to open source projects.
What’s in it for you?
Of course, we offer you all the perks you would expect from a tech startup that you can check out here. Additionally this role also offers:
- Be supported in your personal and professional development by an experienced team.
- Opportunity to take leadership from day one.
- Get relocation and visa support
- A beautiful office located near to Alexanderplatz.
At Taxfix, we don’t just accept diversity, we celebrate it! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability or place of origin. We care about one another at Taxfix and are grateful for each person’s individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals.