Company Intro & Mission
As one of the most successful and fast-growing FinTech startup companies in Europe, we are currently experiencing exciting growth and development. We are revolutionising the way people file their taxes; helping them to save money, time and stress by putting a personalised digital tax consultant into the palm of their hands. Our user-friendly Taxfix App enables people to file their tax declaration within 22 minutes on average, without any prior tax knowledge or the complicated forms associated with it.
Our offices in Berlin and Madrid are home to a diverse team of 200+ people who come from more than 40 nations around the world!
Senior Data Engineer (m/w/d), this is your challenge
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to build a Data Platform as a product. The Data Platform combines different data sources, both internal and external, and makes them available to our stakeholders company-wide: Analytics, Product Development, Marketing, Customer Success and Management. You will work in a cross-functional team with product managers, data analysts and data engineers to bring Taxfix to the next level.
- Design “Data Platform as a product”: establish methodology for data ingestion and retrieval.
- Architect and develop real-time data streaming pipelines to process events data.
- Develop Data Governance tools: data catalog, events monitoring, GDPR controls.
- Set up supporting infrastructure around all data pipelines: Monitoring, Alerting, Scaling in and out.
- Develop team-wide standards: excellent documentation, code quality, unit testing, CI + CD.
- Support data analysts and data scientists in operationalising analytics and machine learning code.
We’re a fit if you bring these qualities with you
- Three or more years of working experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar position.
- Experience working in the domain of mobile apps and events tracking.
- Experience working with unstructured datasets and events streaming pipelines.
- You are used to working with Python, SQL, Streaming (Kafka or Pub/Sub or Kinesis), Spark, Docker, Git, Continuous Integration.
- You can design and manage cloud-hosted Infrastructure (Google Cloud or AWS).
- Bonus Skills: Airflow, Kubernetes, Snowflake SQL.
- Fluent in English.
What’s in it for you?
Of course, we offer you all the perks you would expect from a tech startup that you can check out here. Additionally this role also offers:
- Be supported in your personal and professional development by an experienced team.
- Opportunity to take leadership from day one.
- Get relocation and visa support
- A beautiful office located near to Alexanderplatz.
At Taxfix, we don’t just accept diversity, we celebrate it! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability or place of origin. We care about one another at Taxfix and are grateful for each person’s individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals.