As one of the most successful FinTech companies in Europe, Taxfix is an exciting place to work. We’re revolutionising filing taxes – and saving people money, time and stress by putting a personalized digital tax consultant in the palm of their hands.
In just 2 years, Taxfix has raised €42 million from some of the best investors in the world. We achieved this by putting our customers at the core of what we do and helping them save millions of euros every week.
Our mission is to help people get their maximum tax refunds in a convenient, transparent and timely manner, hassle-free. Our user-friendly Taxfix App enables people to file within 22 minutes, without any prior tax knowledge or complicated forms.
Our talented team creates products that help people improve and simplify their lives. Our diverse group of 100+ people comes from over 25 nations, with a shared passion for product development and creating an outstanding user experience. Join a team of smart, ambitious, driven people who value open communication and processes.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to build a Data Platform as a product. The Data Platform combines different data sources, both internal and external, and makes them available to our stakeholders company-wide: Analytics, Product Development, Marketing, Customer Success and Management. You will work in a cross-functional team with product managers, data analysts and data engineers to bring Taxfix to the next level.
What you'll do
- Design “Data Platform as a product”: define Data Models and implement ETLs.
- Architect and develop real-time data streaming pipelines to ingest events data.
- Review and improve current data pipelines and existing workflows.
- Set up supporting infrastructure around all data pipelines: Monitoring, Alerting, Scaling in and out.
- Develop measures to improve data quality, reliability, and accuracy.
- Develop team-wide standards: excellent documentation, code quality, unit testing, CI + CD.
- Support data analysts and data scientists in operationalising analytics and machine learning code.
What you need:
- Three or more years of working experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar position.
- You can implement and proactively research new ways to maintain data models to unlock actionable insights and improve processes.
- You have experience working on large-scale Data Streaming pipelines.
- You are used to working with Python, Spark, SQL, Streaming (Kafka or Pub/Sub or Kinesis), Docker, Git, Continuous Integration.
- You can design and manage cloud-hosted Infrastructure (Google Cloud or AWS).
- Experience working with unstructured datasets and events tracking databases.
- Bonus Skills: Airflow, Kubernetes, Snowflake SQL.
- Fluent in English.
What You Gain:
Get to make an impact on thousands of people’s lives every day.
Be paid a competitive salary with stock options.
Benefit from remote work opportunities and flexible working hours.
Have the option to take German language courses.
Be supported to grow and take leadership from day one.
Work with the best and learn from other competent and brilliant people.
Work in a beautiful, inspiring office in Mitte.
Have the option to bring your best buddy to work. We love dogs!
Get relocation and visa support.
At Taxfix, we don’t just accept diversity, we celebrate it! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, color, disability or place of origin. We care about one another at Taxfix and are grateful for each person’s contribution to our overall purpose and goals.
Join us to build a better future together!