Company Intro & Mission
As one of the most successful and fast-growing FinTech startup companies in Europe, we are currently experiencing exciting growth and development. We are revolutionising the way people file their taxes; helping them to save money, time and stress by putting a personalised digital tax consultant into the palm of their hands. Our user-friendly Taxfix App enables people to file their tax declaration within 22 minutes on average, without any prior tax knowledge or the complicated forms associated with it.
Our offices in Berlin and Madrid are home to a diverse team of 200+ people who come from more than 40 nations around the world!
UX Research Lead (m/w/d), this is your challenge
At Taxfix, we want to forward the evolution and maturity of our product by earning greater trust from our customers. You will be joining a growing multidisciplinary human-centred design team including product and content designers who are passionate about meeting customer needs. We collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, tax specialists and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities in each of our current international markets and those we are looking to enter.
Our product designers already conduct primary qualitative research and user testing and will continue to do so, however, we are currently looking for a Research Lead to help define and drive the future of this design research. You will identify and set research strategy, define lean and deep primary and secondary qualitative methodologies as well as contribute significantly to improving our quantitative research capabilities.
You will be in charge of providing the program framework and mentorship needed to ensure consistent, high-quality, meaningful research output from our team across multiple country products. Your position will play a paramount role in growing the skill sets of a wide variety of team members, providing challenging and enjoyable paths for building their research capabilities. In addition to this, an ideal candidate will also be able to "roll up their sleeves", becoming actively involved when needed, in conducting both research and customer testing to support our teams.
You will be the primary thought leader for the overarching approach we take in developing a research program that serves stakeholders across the organization in their attempt to understand customers and build a best-in-class suite of fintech products.
- A leader, passionate about mentoring and growing our internal research capabilities
- Knowledgeable about product design and curious about the relationship between technology and society
- Excited to collaborate and open-minded about learning new skills and methods
- An absolute professional who leads by example, treats peers with respect, and seeks and gives constructive feedback
- An excellent communicator, able to convey research insights and complex concepts to a diverse audience in simple terms
- A growth mindset, enthusiastic about experimenting with new research methods and pushing your own craft in new ways
- Deeply curious about and highly attuned to human behavior
We're a fit if you bring these qualities with you
- Ideally you have 10+ years of industry experience, working on UX Research preferably at least some within the context of product design
- Bachelor/Masters Degree in research, psychology, sociology, decision sciences, HCI, UX or or related field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with designing and analyzing A/B experiments
- Experienced planning and leading both lean and deeper qualitative and quantitative research activities
- Essential English Fluency
- Nice to have German, Italian or French as well
- A team player
It would be a plus if you have:
- Experience in Fin tech or product team
What's in it for you?
Of course, we offer you all the perks you would expect from a tech startup that you can check out here. Additionally this role also offers:
- Be supported in your personal and professional development by an experienced team.
- Opportunity to take leadership from day one.
- Get relocation and visa support
- A beautiful office located near to Alexanderplatz.
At Taxfix, we don’t just accept diversity, we celebrate it! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability or place of origin. We care about one another at Taxfix and are grateful for each person’s individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals.