Company Intro & Mission
As one of the most successful and fast-growing FinTech startup companies in Europe, we are currently experiencing exciting growth and development. We are revolutionising the way people file their taxes; helping them to save money, time and stress by putting a personalised digital tax consultant into the palm of their hands. Our user-friendly Taxfix App enables people to file their tax declaration within 22 minutes on average, without any prior tax knowledge or the complicated forms associated with it.
Our offices in Berlin and Madrid are home to a diverse team of 200+ people who come from more than 40 nations around the world!
Software Architect (m/w/d), this is your challenge
You will be part of a talented multidisciplinary product team working with the latest technologies. We have implemented, at the core of our stack, a tax expert system, which is used by domain experts to define the logic and the data models for heterogeneous tax cases and countries. You will dig into this world of modelling taxes using graph data structures and rule based engines. Likewise, you will be responsible for designing and implementing scalable software solutions that support our expert system and other core components in our stack.
- Be full-stack. Most of the solutions we build often requires backend, mobile, and web components.
- Apply innovative AI technologies to build intelligent software that can continuously assist users in collecting tax relevant information, enabling a fully automated and optimised tax return at the end of the year.
- Our team is looking for someone that is pragmatic, that applies the best software engineering principles to build simple abstractions for complex problems, and that enjoys working on an agile environment.
- You will be involved in important product decisions and work closely with the whole team to create intuitive and reliable apps.
We’re a fit if you bring these qualities with you
- Be passionate about crafting high quality and elegant code.
- Previous experience building maintainable and scalable systems based on reliable and fault-tolerant services.
- Good understanding of distributed system and requirements for high availability.
- Experience in taking ownership.
- Previous experience with graph databases would be highly valuable.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms, or automated reasoning.
- Contributions to open source projects.
What’s in it for you?
Of course, we offer you all the perks you would expect from a tech startup that you can check out here. Additionally this role also offers:
- Be supported in your personal and professional development by an experienced team.
- Opportunity to take leadership from day one.
- Get relocation and visa support.
- A beautiful office located in Madrid.
At Taxfix, we don’t just accept diversity, we celebrate it! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability or place of origin. We care about one another at Taxfix and are grateful for each person’s individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals.