Company Intro & Mission
As one of the most successful and fast-growing FinTech startup companies in Europe, we are currently experiencing exciting growth and development. We are revolutionising the way people file their taxes; helping them to save money, time and stress by putting a personalised digital tax consultant into the palm of their hands. Our user-friendly Taxfix App enables people to file their tax declaration within 22 minutes on average, without any prior tax knowledge or the complicated forms associated with it.
Our offices in Berlin and Madrid are home to a diverse team of 200+ people who come from more than 40 nations around the world!
Junior DevOps Engineer (m/w/d), this is your challenge
You will be part of a talented multidisciplinary product team working with latest technologies. You will own the cloud infrastructure of our product, and be responsible for designing, deploying, securing and monitoring the environments for all our services and tools.
- Deploy the necessary cloud infrastructures to run our applications, backend services and data processing tools in a secure, resilient and scalable manner.
- Deploy tools for monitoring and alerts.
- Develop software that enables us to ship products and updates to customers fast, constantly, and reliably.
- Work closely with our product teams to support them with infrastructure topics, as well as, develop tools with them that can improve the development experience and delivery cycles.
- Mentor other developers and create a culture of high awareness for security within the company.
- Design, develop, and deploy tools that enable us to trace and understand issues that occur on our production infrastructures.
- Be pragmatic, and apply the best software engineering principles to build simple abstractions for complex problems.
- You will be involved in important product decisions and work closely with the whole team to create reliable apps.
We’re a fit if you bring these qualities with you
- Good understanding of networking, Linux and container internals.
Previous experience deploying maintainable and scalable systems based on reliable and fault-tolerant services.
Understanding of CI/CD for infrastructure and applications. Automation using: Terraform, Dockerfile, YAML, Bash.
Enjoy working in an agile environment.
- Have worked on cloud computing platforms such as GCP and AWS.
- Previous experience running production systems in a micro-service architecture using Kubernetes or other container-based infrastructures.
- Previous experience with BEAM (Erlang Virtual Machine).
- Previous experience setting up and running computational clusters such as Spark or Hadoop.
- Contributions to open-source projects.
What’s in it for you?
Of course, we offer you all the perks you would expect from a tech startup that you can check out here. Additionally this role also offers:
- Be supported in your personal and professional development by an experienced team.
- Opportunity to take leadership from day one.
- A beautiful office located near to Alexanderplatz.
At Taxfix, we don’t just accept diversity, we celebrate it! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability or place of origin. We care about one another at Taxfix and are grateful for each person’s individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals.