Company Intro & MissionAs one of the most successful and fast-growing FinTech startup companies in Europe, we are currently experiencing exciting growth and development. We are revolutionising the way people file their taxes; helping them to save money, time and stress by putting a personalised digital tax consultant into the palm of their hands. Our user-friendly Taxfix App enables people to file their tax declaration within 22 minutes on average, without any prior tax knowledge or the complicated forms associated with it.
Controller, this is your challenge
As a Controller you will be part of the FP&A team and work on different topics alongside our Lead Financial Analyst and VP of Finance:
- You are a sparring partner of our internal stakeholders to support them in all aspects of current business, by conducting financial and performance-related analysis.
- You will track performance against budget (financial and non-financial KPIs/ metrics) on a monthly basis.
- You will contribute reporting and ad-hoc analyses in preparation for regular management meetings or investor reporting.
- You will execute and support with budgeting, forecasting, and cost monitoring processes.
- You develop processes to continuously improve business controlling and ensure data quality and integrity across various data sources.
- If required: You will support cost centre management and assist cost centre managers in selective financial tasks (e.g. investment and/ or recruitment requests, cost reclassing).
- You will identify and track key financial risk indicators and opportunities.
We're a fit if you bring these qualities with you
- You hold a relevant degree (Bachelor or above).
- You are an experienced Controller with +3 years of professional controlling (sales, marketing and/or department controlling) or audit experience.
- You have a passion for working with numbers and a pro in Excel. You are able to digest data from various data sources and perform meaningful and easily adjustable Excel models.
- You understand digital business models and are familiar with customer cohorts, lifetime value and marketing ROI and not just high-level financial metrics.
- You possess a strong ownership mentality, are highly motivated, curious to learn and develop
- You are a skilled communicator, both verbally and in writing, your PowerPoint skills are outstanding and you can contribute C-suite-ready slide decks.
- You are analytically strong, have attention to detail, and are able to draw conclusions and insights from data.
- You are adept in financial modelling, including scenario analyses and macros; experience in SQL is a plus.
- You are comfortable performing ad hoc financial analysis using data reporting tools.
What's in it for you?Of course, we have all the perks you would expect from a tech startup that you can check out here. Additionally this role also offers:
Be supported in your personal and professional development by an experienced team.
Opportunity to take ownership from day one.
A beautiful office located near to Alexanderplatz.
At Taxfix, we don’t just accept diversity, we celebrate it! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability or place of origin. We care about one another at Taxfix and are grateful for each person’s individual contribution to our overall purpose and goals.