Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 250+ professionals from 40 different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 400 million euros.
As Tax Expert at Taxfix you will be part of our cross functional teams of tax experts, product managers, engineers and designers. You will be a key player to ensure that our product features offer our users an amazing experience when filing their taxes in a compliant way. Using our own developed technology, you will be enabled to design question flows and calculations that lead the user through their tax filing journey, ensure that the tax calculation and filing is made in an automated way. You will also analyse user feedback and data to help us continuously improve our product to revolutionise the tax software market.
- Apply your German tax knowledge to the product features.
- Contribute to develop the German Taxfix product to bring it to the next level.
- Implementation of pre-defined strategies.
- Managing, optimising and extending our tax logic.
- Assure high quality and reliability of the tax content.
- Data analysis and research on tax topics.
- Ideally a degree in taxation (e.g. Diplom-Finanzwirt or comparable).
- 3+ years experience in German Personal Income Tax.
- Good understanding of German income tax law and German tax authorities processes, e.g. filing, tax assessment, appeal process, etc.
- You like technology and you are eager to give a turn to your career and learn how to apply taxes in technology.
- Excellent critical reasoning: you like to see things from a different angle to help finding the best solutions.
- You enjoy communicating around taxes and can easily explain complicated rules in writing and presentations.
- Flexible mindset, you like challenges and are not afraid of making mistakes.
- Both a team player as well as organised and self-sufficient when working on your-own, proactive, willing to contribute with new ideas.
- German on a native level (or equivalent level of proficiency). Proficient in English and feel comfortable working in English.
- Experience from working with IT departments/software development as subject matter expert from business side is a strong merit.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- The freedom to work from home or our modern office—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we don't just accept diversity—we celebrate it. We're proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. We cherish each person's individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals. Join us!