Company Intro & Mission
As one of the most successful and fast-growing FinTech startup companies in Europe, we are currently experiencing exciting growth and development. We are revolutionising the way people file their taxes; helping them to save money, time and stress by putting a personalised digital tax consultant into the palm of their hands. Our user-friendly Taxfix App enables people to file their tax declaration within 22 minutes on average, without any prior tax knowledge or the complicated forms associated with it.
Our offices in Berlin and Madrid are home to a diverse team of 200+ people who come from more than 40 nations around the world!
About the Team
As tax expert at Taxfix you will be part of our cross functional teams of tax experts, engineers and designers. You will be a key player to ensure that our product offers our users an amazing experience when filing their taxes in a compliant way. Using our own developed technology, you will be enabled to design question flows that lead the user through their tax filing journey, ensure that the tax calculation and filing is made in an automated way. You will also work closely with our marketing and brand teams to produce easy to understand material to share your tax knowledge to our users, helping us to fulfill our vision of being the tax accountant for everyone.
- Contribute to develop the German Taxfix product to bring it to the next level.
- Apply your German tax knowledge to the product.
- Contribute to make the tax content of the product and our external tax communication as accessible as possible to users.
- Assure high quality and reliability of the tax content of the product.
- Support team in defining new tax advisory services with knowledge about German taxes and tax authority processes
We're a fit if you bring these qualities with you
- 3/5+ years experience in German Personal Income Tax
- Good understanding of German income tax law and German tax authorities processes, e.g., filing, tax assessment, appeal process, etc)
- Excellent critical reasoning: you like to see things from a different angle to help finding the best solutions.
- You enjoy communicating around taxes and can easily explain complicated rules in writing and presentations
- You like technology and you are eager to give a turn to your career and learn how to apply taxes in technology.
- Flexible mindset, you like challenges and are not afraid of making mistakes
- Both a team player as well as organised and self-sufficient when working on your-own, proactive, willing to contribute with new ideas.
- German on a native level (or equivalent level of proficiency). Proficient in English and feel comfortable working in English.
- Experience from working with IT departments/software development as subject matter expert from business side is a strong merit.
What's in it for you?
Of course, we offer you all the perks you would expect from a tech startup that you can check out here. Additionally this role also offers:
- Be supported in your personal and professional development by an experienced team and take leadership from day one.
- Opportunity to take leadership from day one.
- Get relocation and visa support
- A beautiful office located near to Alexanderplatz.
At Taxfix, we don’t just accept diversity, we celebrate it! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability or place of origin. We care about one another at Taxfix and are grateful for each person’s individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals.