The tax industry is outdated and we have embraced the disruption we can cause here by innovating and thinking outside of the typical "Tax box".
Our customer experience is driven by our mission to help people get their maximum tax refunds, without any prior tax knowledge or complicated forms in a convenient and hassle-free manner.
We have taken inspiration from how a face to face Tax Accountant consultation happens by creating a conversational UI that is hyper-personalized to every customers' specific tax situation.
Questions asked to customers are based on the answers they have already given. Our german product for example, has over 4000 questions, but a customer is usually asked around 70, depending on their tax situation.
Our talented team creates products that help people improve and simplify their lives. Our diverse group of over 200 people comes from over 40 nations, with a shared passion for product development and creating an outstanding user experience. Join a team of smart, ambitious, driven people who value open communication and processes.
At Taxfix, we want to continue to evolve and mature the product to create greater trust and confidence in our customers. This role is responsible for People management of Product team members in New Market teams, as well as embedding customer-centricity across the company and maturing the design methods and capabilities of the design practice.
- Develop talented people and diverse teams in a cross-functional product organisation
- Empathetic leadership
- Demonstrate strategic success, and results-driven design
- Challenges boundaries, drive change, creativity and sees opportunities for growth in the product organization
- Have clarity of the vision and share this in a way that creates meaning in the work of others
- Provide design mentoring and coaching to other designers and project stakeholders
- Demonstrate Taxfix values every day
- Guide designers to work effectively in cross-functional teams that include Tax specialists, Product Owners, Engineers, and Data Scientists
- Manage the planning, resourcing, implementation and risk management of their teams
- Create and executes a design strategy in consultation with key stakeholders across the business.
- Look for opportunities to improve and mature the design operations, methodologies, and capabilities of the team.
- Able to clearly articulate and deliver on the Taxfix strategy and value propositions as well as steer the teams through discovery processes to help inform and evolve our strategy.
- Provide feedback and coaching of design processes and deliverables across projects
- Identifies and creates industry-leading best practices, and maintains a practical toolkit to ensure continuous improvement and a consistent approach to design
- Identifies opportunities to improve design processes and activities as well as the engagement of project stakeholders
- Actively contribute to Design Review sessions
- Communicates and evangelises the Design Practice value proposition, ensuring design-led practices are adopted by leaders and other stakeholders in the product organisation and across the business
- Improve visibility of design, research and content design impacts across the business
- Deliver insightful weekly reporting on the team, activities, risks and key decisions
- You must have extensive experience in a relevant field e.g. Product Design, UX, Interaction Design
- Previous leadership and people management experience is essential
- Must have Bachelor or Masters Degree in design or a related discipline
- Able to tackle complex, interconnected challenges and use design to both communicate that complexity, as well as provide clarity and simplicity.
- Demonstrated ability to not only navigate ambiguity, but lead people through it and provide a sense of grounding where possible
- Passion for design: Able to distinguish between ‘good’ and ‘great’ and are able to not only identify best practices but push boundaries and explore new territory.
- Able to collaborate in participatory, team-based environment and support and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction and vision
- Strong verbal and visual presentation skills, with a portfolio that demonstrates that.
- An ability to understand the value of design within a business context, and able to offer a considered point of view
- Excellent command of business English.
- A team player.
Please don't forget to send us your portfolio.
What’s in it for you?
Of course, we offer you all the perks you would expect from a tech startup that you can check out here. Additionally this role also offers:
- Chance to build and develop a fantastic design team and function, taking design to a whole new level at Taxfix.
- Have a great impact on the user experience and happiness of our customers.
- Be supported by our leadership team in shaping your tailor made personal and professional development.
- Opportunity to take ownership from day one.
- Get relocation and visa support.
- A beautiful office located near to Alexanderplatz.
At Taxfix, we don’t just accept diversity, we celebrate it! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability or place of origin. We care about one another at Taxfix and are grateful for each person’s individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals.