Company Intro & Mission
As one of the most successful and fast-growing FinTech startup companies in Europe, we are currently experiencing exciting growth and development. We are revolutionising the way people file their taxes; helping them to save money, time and stress by putting a personalised digital tax consultant into the palm of their hands. Our user-friendly Taxfix App enables people to file their tax declaration within 22 minutes on average, without any prior tax knowledge or the complicated forms associated with it.
Our offices in Berlin and Madrid are home to a diverse team of 200+ people who come from more than 40 nations around the world!
UX Researcher (m/f/d), this is your challenge
At Taxfix, we want to forward the evolution and maturity of our product by earning greater trust from our customers. You will be joining a growing multidisciplinary human-centred design team including product and content designers who are passionate about meeting customer needs. You will collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, tax specialists and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities.
At Taxfix, we understand great design is born out of great research. Being a UX Researcher at Taxfix means that you will do a lot of listening and observing to learn needs and key insights from our customers as well as providing meaningful insights to enable data-driven strategies and decisions.
You’ll work closely with Product and Content Designers to help design research plans and undertake research either in partnership with Designers or independent of them across 6 Mission teams in the German Product team. Drawing out key insights that will help our designers and specialist teams to make informed decisions on how to improve the customers' experience with our web and mobile apps.
- Research with our customers: Taxfix has a human-centred design process involving careful observations of and conversations with people who are or have the potential to be customers
- Plan and facilitate research protocols in both discovery and tactical initiatives
- Synthesize and communicate insights and opportunities to key stakeholders
- Collaborate with a diverse collective of talented people from multidisciplinary backgrounds to create holistic solutions to complex challenges
- Identify opportunities to improve research processes and activities as well as the engagement of project stakeholders
- Actively contribute to Design Review sessions
We're a fit if you bring these qualities with you
- 6+ years experience with UX Research or related field
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in research, anthropology, sociology, design strategy or a related discipline
- Able to tackle complex, interconnected challenges and prioritise workload across multiple mission teams
- Demonstrated ability to not only navigate ambiguity, but lead people through it and provide a sense of grounding where possible
- Passion for research and design: Able to distinguish between ‘good’ and ‘great’ and are able to not only identify best practices but push boundaries and explore new territory
- Able to collaborate in participatory, team-based environment and support and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction and vision
- Strong verbal and visual presentation skills, with a portfolio that demonstrates it
- An ability to understand the value of research within a business context, and able to offer a considered point of view
- Excellent English and German language skills
- A team player
What's in it for you?
Of course, we offer you all the perks you would expect from a tech startup that you can check out here. Additionally this role also offers:
- Be supported in your personal and professional development by an experienced team.
- Opportunity to take leadership from day one.
- Get relocation and visa support
- A beautiful office located near to Alexanderplatz.
At Taxfix, we don’t just accept diversity, we celebrate it! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability or place of origin. We care about one another at Taxfix and are grateful for each person’s individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals.