Company Intro & Mission
As one of the most successful and fast-growing FinTech startup companies in Europe, we are currently experiencing exciting growth and development. We are revolutionising the way people file their taxes; helping them to save money, time and stress by putting a personalised digital tax consultant into the palm of their hands. Our user-friendly Taxfix App enables people to file their tax declaration within 22 minutes on average, without any prior tax knowledge or the complicated forms associated with it.
Our offices in Berlin and Madrid are home to a diverse team of 200+ people who come from more than 40 nations around the world!
Growth Product Designer (m/w/d), this is your challenge
The tax industry is outdated and we have embraced the disruption we can cause here by innovating and thinking outside of the typical "Tax box".
Our customer experience is driven by our mission to help people get their maximum tax refunds , without any prior tax knowledge or complicated forms in a convenient and hassle-free manner
We have taken inspiration from how a face to face Tax Accountant consultation happens by creating a conversational UI that is hyper-personalised to every customers' specific tax situation.
Questions asked to customers are based on the answers they have already given. Our german product for example, has almost 4000 questions, but a customer is usually asked around 70, depending on their tax situation.
Our talented team creates products that help people improve and simplify their lives, with a shared a passion for product development and creating an outstanding user experience. Join a team of smart, ambitious, driven people who value open communication and processes.
At Taxfix, we want to continue to evolve and mature the product to create greater trust and confidence in our customers. As a Growth Designer you will play a key role in the growth of Taxfix through the use of data, research and experimentation to deliver measurable value for our customers and the business. You will work both at a strategic level as well as being the sole product designer on the growth team responsible for designing and shipping experiments.
- Will translate business goals, into product requirements, research briefs and testing insights into designs that improve our product
- Will work with the growth team to define strategies and create designs to validate them
- Will collaborate closely with product managers, and front-end engineers to run experiments
- Will collaborate with the research team and data analysts to undercover customer insights and opportunities for growth
- Will work to improve the customer experience at all stages of the funnel (Acquisition, Retention, Engagement, Monetization)
- Will help us get a deeper understanding of our customers and the behaviours that drive value
- Be a key advocate for our rapid experimentation culture
We're a fit if you bring these qualities with you
- You have 4+ years of experience in UX or product design
- Have experience with customer development and conducting user research
- Have worked with funnel analysis and customer journey mapping
- You can demonstrate experience breaking down business requirements into small design experiments
- Experience working in a very lean and experimental design process, which includes being comfortable with shipping experiments on a weekly basis.
- You have experience designing A/B tests, writing hypotheses and defining research briefs
- Aware of interaction design trends, usability principles and platform best practices (Desktop, mobile & native apps).
- Experience with Growth Hacking using data and user research
- Fluent in design and prototyping techniques, principles and tools like Figma, Sketch, InVision, etc
- Have worked with data analysts, (bonus points for experience with analytics software and measurement strategy)
- A team player, great collaborator and someone who likes to get their hands dirty.
- Excellent command of Business English, (German preferred but not necessary)
Please don't forget to send us your portfolio.
What's in it for you?
Of course, we offer you all the perks you would expect from a tech startup that you can check out here. Additionally this role also offers:
- Be supported in your personal and professional development by an experienced team.
- Opportunity to take leadership from day one.
- Get relocation and visa support
- A beautiful office located near to Alexanderplatz.
At Taxfix, we don’t just accept diversity, we celebrate it! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability or place of origin. We care about one another at Taxfix and are grateful for each person’s individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals.