Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 250+ professionals from 40 different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 400 million euros.
To take Taxfix data-driven culture and self-service data solutions to the next level we are looking for a Data Analyst Team lead. In this role, you will be responsible for establishing analysis best practice and methodology and up-skiling existing and new team members, as well as mentoring and coaching the team to achieve their career and personal goals.
The Data Analytics Team enables everyone in the organisation to make data-driven decisions and drive business growth. We're committed to data democratisation, scalability, and actionable insights.
With a team of BI and DWH developers, Data Analysts, and Machine Learning Engineers, we're building tools and methodologies for data discoverability, accessibility, and reliability. By using Segmenet_io, Firebase, Snowflake, Python, Airflow, Metabase, Looker, Notebooks and many other tools, we're able to reach our ambitious goals.
Our team members possess a unique combination of technical skills, business understanding, and healthy communication. We can rely on each other to deliver our best and are committed to personal development via knowledge sharing, through mentoring and innovation days.
- Experience with advanced analytics for Marketing, Brand and Finance functions
- Manage team of 4-10 data analysts - mentor and motivate, responsible for recruiting and growing the team.
- Responsible for establishing routines for reactive and proactive request gathering and prioritisation.
- Participate and take an active role in shaping the data democratisation strategy including POC initiations for tools.
- Establish best practice for diagnostic analytics.
- Responsible for tooling and statistical methodologies such as Marketing Attribution and tracking, ROI, Forecasting, A/B testing, Diagnostic Analysis, Survey Analysis etc.
- Collaborate with different teams such as Product, BI and Data platform.
- Promote data insight and usage in the organisation.
- Mentor and review analysts delivery and storytelling.
- 2-5 years managerial experience including hiring, mentoring and growing a team.
- Degree or equivalent in Computer science, information technology or Statistics related fields.
- Strong experience with SQL, Python (Pandas) and BI tools like Looker or Tableau.
- Strong communication and great storytelling skills.
- Strong Stakeholder management skills.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- The freedom to work from home or our modern office—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we don't just accept diversity—we celebrate it. We're proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. We cherish each person's individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals. Join us!