Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 500+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In five years, we've raised over 300 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than one billion euros.
As Legal Counsel (d/f/m), you will generally work as an allrounder, with room to develop your own key fields. Next to corporate, finance and commercial law topics, you will help shape our business in projects around our international expansion and support the exploration of new services in financial products. You will be in the driver seat of your own projects, working with the different business areas in a collaborative and cross-functional setup to achieve business goals and support the company mission.
You will work closely with the rest of the Legal & Compliance Team and the entire business. You will meet inspiring and driven people from all over the world and be in a position to achieve meaningful impact and personal growth while having a lot of fun.
- Advise the business on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters
- Handle our subsidiary management, design and implement stock ownership programmes, refine our corporate governance and work on corporate restructurings and financial projects and transactions.
- Negotiate critical agreements and transactions.
- Advise and support our product team when developing new features.
- Support the business in the development and execution of long-term strategies and provide legal advice to our product, marketing, and operations teams.
- Manage communication and define strategy towards critical stakeholders.
- Ensure and track compliance with national and international regulations including data protection, tax filing requirements and financial services regulation.
- Contribute to our international expansion from a legal perspective.
- Engage, coordinate, and oversee outside legal counsel for various legal matters.
- You add value by owning your areas of work and approaching the business proactively. You enjoy working on business critical challenges and developing pragmatic and business-minded solutions.
- Fully qualified lawyer in German law with an excellent academic record.
- 2+ years of relevant working experience in an international law firm and/or in-house environment.
- Enthusiastic to work on all types of legal matters.
- Experience with GDPR, corporate law, commercial law, e-commerce or financial service regulation is considered a big plus.
- Excellent communication skills and a natural approach to building relationships across the entire business.
- Curious to grow and develop within new areas.
- Strong business focus with the ability to partner with management to achieve growth and profitability goals while mitigating risks.
- Enthusiastic about working on multinational matters and together with a highly motivated international team.
- Excellent command of English and German. Further languages, especially Spanish, French or Italian are considered a plus.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees — because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal Learning & Development experts.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- Flexible working. The freedom to work from home, our modern office or abroad — plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we don't just accept diversity—we celebrate it. We're proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. We cherish each person's individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals. Join us!