Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 250+ professionals from 40 different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 400 million euros.
Our Finance & Organisation team empowers Taxfix to manage our growth. We want you to play a vital role in building a scalable, world-class administrative organisation at Taxfix.
- You’ll be completing all day-to-day accounting operations with a high degree of autonomy- constantly looking for opportunities to standardise, document and automate processes.
- A big part of the role will be performing month end closing tasks; Accruals, Fixed Assets, Pre-payments, Bank Reconciliation, Revenues, Payroll, other Expenses, VAT etc as well as improving month end closing procedures with new initiatives/ automation.
- You’ll also play a key role in preparing supporting documentation for annual close and support during audit; handling auditor requests independently.
- You’ll set an example on how to follow Internal Controls for accounting processes; continually looking for ways to improve them whenever necessary/ applicable.
- Financial Reporting will come under your remit, too- and you’ll feel comfortable completing these. You’ll create reports with a strong grasp of department, class and account structure, setting the basis for meaningful analysis.
- Finally, you’ll play a key role in the growth and development of the accounting and finance function at Taxfix- and we’re looking forward to learning from you.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in an audit firm, tax advisory or as an in-house accountant; touchpoints with startups is a bonus.
- You have successfully completed your studies with a focus in finance & accounting or have vocational training as Bilanzbuchhalter.
- You are well-versed in NetSuite (or other similar ERP).
- HGB knowledge; comfortable working in a HGB environment.
- Exposure to German Tax Law, ideally for companies.
- If you also have exposure or knowledge of IFRS exposure, that would be super, but it is not an essential!
- Demonstrable experience of meeting role requirements independently, with meticulous attention to detail and to tight deadlines; equally comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a team- and managing your own time.
- You love a challenge, have excellent problem-solving capabilities but also enjoy getting the last detail right.
- You enjoy working in teams, are highly reliable, and can be trusted to handle sensitive information
- Fluent in German and English
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- The freedom to work from home or our modern office—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we don't just accept diversity—we celebrate it. We're proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. We cherish each person's individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals. Join us!