Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 250+ professionals from 40 different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 00 million euros.
You will be part of a talented multidisciplinary product team working with the latest technologies. You will own the cloud infrastructure of our product, and be responsible for designing, deploying, securing and monitoring the environments for all our services and tools.
- Lead a team of infrastructure engineers on technical topics.
- Keep all Taxfix products up and running 24x7x365.
- Collect, understand and refine requirements with internal customers.
- Monitor and improve our engineering metrics.
- Take oncall and ensure oncall coverage is complete.
- Identify and automate repetitive tasks.
- Identify and remove delivery bottlenecks.
- Create and scope out tasks for the rest of the team.
- Ensure code quality and test coverage for our Infrastructure as Code tooling. (IaaC)
- Deploy the necessary cloud infrastructures to run our applications, backend services and data processing tools in a secure, resilient and scalable manner.
- Develop software that enables us to ship products and updates to customers fast, constantly, and reliably.
- Work closely with our product teams to support them with infrastructure topics, as well as, develop tools with them that can improve the development experience and delivery cycles.
- Design, develop, and deploy tools that enable us to trace and understand issues that occur on our production infrastructures.
- You will be involved in important product decisions and work closely with the whole team to create reliable apps.
- Be an expert with cloud computing platforms such as GCP and AWS.
- Previous experience running production systems in a micro-service architecture using Kubernetes.
- Experience with IaaC tools like : jsonnet, ksonnet, jkcfg, cdk8s etc.
- Experience with Terraform, Gitlab CI.
- Experience being part of an oncall schedule.
- Previous experience deploying maintainable and scalable systems based on reliable and fault-tolerant services.
- Good understanding of distributed system and requirements for high availability.
- Experience in taking ownership.
- Enjoy working in an agile environment.
- Previous experience with BEAM (Erlang Virtual Machine).
- Experience in devsecops tooling.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- Choose to work from home or our modern office when needed—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we don’t just accept diversity, we celebrate it! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability or place of origin. We care about one another at Taxfix and are grateful for each person’s individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals.