Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 250+ professionals from 40 different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 400 million euros.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to build a Data Platform as a product. The Data Platform combines different data sources, both internal and external, and makes them available to our stakeholders company-wide: Analytics, Product Development, Marketing, Customer Success and Management. You will work in a cross-functional team with product managers, data analysts and data engineers to bring Taxfix to the next level.
- Design “Data Platform as a product”: establish methodology for data ingestion and retrieval.
- Architect and develop real-time data streaming pipelines to process events data.
- Develop Data Governance tools: data catalog, events monitoring, GDPR controls.
- Set up supporting infrastructure around all data pipelines: Monitoring, Alerting, Scaling in and out.
- Develop team-wide standards: excellent documentation, code quality, unit testing, CI + CD.
- Two or more years of working experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar position.
- Experience working in the domain of mobile apps and events tracking.
- Experience working with unstructured datasets and events streaming pipelines.
- You are used to working with Python & Kubernetes
- You can design and manage cloud-hosted Infrastructure (Google Cloud or AWS).
- Bonus Skills: Airflow, Snowflake SQL, Segment, Lambda Functions
- Fluent in English.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- The freedom to work from home or our modern office—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- 27 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts
- Choose the internal tech community that excites you the most and spend 20% of your time collaborating and learning from your fellow domain experts.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal tech meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Free tax declaration filing, of course, through the Taxfix app—and internal support for all personal tax-related questions.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we don't just accept diversity—we celebrate it. We're proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. We cherish each person's individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals. Join us!