Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 300+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 900 million euros.
As our Director of product for New markets, you will drive our product internationalization strategy, outline a bold international launch plan, and drive fast-paced product-market fit experimentation to succeed in your markets. You’ll report to our VP of Product and collaborate with the Country managers, Marketing Leads, and Operations managers. You’ll manage the product managers for Italy, France, and future markets we launch.
- Building a deep understanding of each income-tax market including user needs, competitive landscape, and regulatory constraints.
- Definition and continuous review of the product strategy in partnership with the country manager, marketing manager, and your team of product managers.
- Regularly providing context to the whole organization on our product strategy, and key decisions.
- Ensuring that every country has a bold short (12 weeks) and long term (12 months) roadmap to achieve product market fit.
- Delivery of budgeted targets on registrations, conversion, and revenue.
- Cultivating a discovery & performance culture in all New markets product teams.
- Continuous improvement within your teams of our strategy process, hypothesis driven product management & experimentation processes, tools, and skills.
- Build strong partnerships with country managers, marketing & operations managers, to launch new products to market.
- Bring the management team and other senior leaders together to communicate product direction, plans, progress, and results.
We believe in empowered & decentralised leadership with clear accountabilities. You’ll be accountable for:
- Setting & delivering on ambitious growth targets in partnership with the Country manager.
- Defining & delivering on each market product vision that drives growth but positions Taxfix as the clear market winner with a differentiated customer experience.
- Monitoring, reporting on, and doing tactical adjustments based on performance of product KPIs.
- Continue our culture of continuous value creation within short go-to-market cycles.
- You have many years of experience managing product managers.
- You are at home when understanding the market context & user needs. You can run your own user research, competitive analysis, and interpret datasets, to set product strategy.
- You have experience launching new products, new markets, or new ventures. You’ll do this for all new markets we operate.
- You have a strong growth mindset. You feel comfortable interpreting & exploring data, building financial models, and reviewing business targets.
- You are a top notch project manager, that is, you create lean plans, manage stakeholders, and proactively communicate your impact.
- You can drive organizational design & product/value creation way of work beyond the boundaries of product management.
- You are a great partner to our design, engineering, and experts teams to drive insights and turn them into amazing experiences.
- You have many years of experience as a product manager that enables you to be hands on when necessary. Your team and your stakeholders trust your judgment and your ability to execute.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- The freedom to work from home or our modern office—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- 27 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Free tax declaration filing, of course, through the Taxfix app—and internal support for all personal tax-related questions.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.