Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 250+ professionals from 40 different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 400 million euros.
At Taxfix, we want to continue to evolve and mature our product to create greater trust from our customers and increase their own confidence in tax and financial matters.
As a Service Designer you will help us on this journey by creating new service concepts, understanding what experiences should be delivered, how systems and staff facilitate the process, define new integrations, prototype and test your work, and be part of evolving the business to the next chapter.
- Develop strategic priorities by coordinating alignment between stakeholders, typically through interviews, workshops and co-creation.
- Work directly with the operational stakeholders to define how we can deliver the work.
- Translate business goals, product requirements and initial research insights into service concepts and designs
- Create new customer journeys and service prototypes that help us evaluate the value we can deliver to our customers, both conceptually and from a usability perspective.
- Design across channels and touch points, understanding the different actors, systems and infrastructure in the end to end service.
- Work within multidisciplinary teams that may include Tax specialists, Product Owners, Engineers and Data Scientists
- Drive business transformation along with your team
- 4-9 years of experience in Service design, research or UX Design and/or a degree in Design or equivalent training.
- Take a creative systems thinking approach and are able to lead conversations in a cross-functional environment
- Can explain and perform customer-centric methodologies to orchestrate service interactions, both front stage and back stage.
- An ability to understand the value of design within a business context, and able to offer considered point of view and direction on designs
- Experience undertaking discovery user research as well as validation testing of products & services
- Have a real passion for product and service design and engage in the topic in your free time
- Able to collaborate in a team-based environment, give direction, set a vision, and plan deliverables for execution.
- Have strong verbal and strategic presentation skills
- An excellent command of English and German
Please don't forget to send us your portfolio.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Choose to work from home or our modern office when needed—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- 27 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Free tax declaration filing, of course, through the Taxfix app—and internal support for all personal tax-related questions.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we don't just accept diversity—we celebrate it. We're proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. We cherish each person's individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals. Join us!