Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 500+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In five years, we've raised over 300 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than one billion euros.
Our cross-functional team structure gives developers a broad scope of our stack. We're passionate about decentralised, end-to-end ownership and deep collaboration. We live our development values by learning from one another through internal meetups, hackathons, and close collaboration
- Collaborating with the team and taking direction from the PM, continue the design and redesign of the Taxfix product with a user-centric focus.
- Contribute to technical decisions and strategy to further the long-term product vision.
- Work on back-end services with minimal supervision, offering support/mentorship to more junior members of the team.
- Be part of the cross functional product team, working with React/ React Native and Node.JS.
- Be involved in key product decisions and work closely with the whole team to create intuitive and reliable apps.
- Collaborating with different teams across the business.
Our team is looking for someone who is pragmatic, applies the best software engineering principles to build simple abstractions for complex problems, and who enjoys working in an agile environment.
- Experience building solid backend services as well as some experience or understanding of front-end applications
- Experience with integrating with diverse APIs
- Familiarity with Docker is a plus
- Passionate about writing maintainable and elegant code.
- Been working with Git, GitHub/Gitlab, and TDD.
- A pragmatic person with a strong positive attitude.
- Somebody who can work autonomously and overcome challenges with passion.
- Demonstrate curiosity and passion to continue learning.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- 30 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Benefit from hybrid remote work opportunities and flexible working hours
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal tech meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.