Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 350+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 900 million euros.
- Collaborating with the team and partnering with the Product Manager and Produc Designer, continue the design and redesign of the Taxfix product with a user-centric focus.
- Lead architectural and technical decisions within the team, that are aligned with the overall technical roadmap of the product, as well as, inspiring and contributing to a shared technical vision of designing the simplest effective solutions to the hardest problems.
- Work closely with your team in crafting high quality software.
- Help your Engineering Manager create a strong team culture that cultivates a collaborative, transparent and inclusive work environment.
- Be involved in the recruiting and employer branding initiatives.
- 5+ years of experience in developing scalable front-end and backend applications.
- Have a deep knowledge of React and NodeJS, and you have experience developing products with it.
- Enjoy writing maintainable and elegant code, and you know how to establish and maintain good engineering practices in the team.
- Previous experience mentoring an engineering team.
- You are familiar with agile practices and how to apply them in building complex software products in an iterative way.
- Extensive experience with A/B experiments and have a data-driven attitude towards product development.
- Understanding of DevOps culture, and you have experience implementing automation pipelines to continuously deliver well tested software.
- You are a pragmatic person with a strong positive attitude, and you can work autonomously and overcome challenges with passion.
- You are fluent in English.
- Experience in Fintech/Banking software development is a plus.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- Benefit from hybrid remote work opportunities and flexible working hours
- 27 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal tech meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.