Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 250+ professionals from 40 different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 500 million euros.
Our cross-functional team structure gives developers a broad scope of our stack. We're passionate about decentralised, end-to-end ownership and deep collaboration. We live our development values by learning from one another through internal meetups, hackathons, and close collaboration.
- Be part of the core development team working on our Tax Engine expert system.
- Configure and optimise CI/CD pipelines.
- Design and implement infrastructure components: Kubernetes Configuration, Beam clustering in kubernetes etc.
- Provision and configure infra resources: pods, databases, volumes etc.
- Design and implement network ingress: HTTP, TCP and Websocket traffic
- Define and implement observability initiatives, ensuring all necessary system and business metrics are available to stakeholders.
- Ensure system is up 24 x 7 x 365 by taking up availability initiatives: e2e testing, chaos testing etc.
- Ensure system meets business and system performance objectives by taking up benchmarking initiatives.
- Collaborate with teammates to resolve service interruptions and high-impact defects; participate in on-call rotations.
- You will help us to maintain a Team-First approach for collaboration within the development team in making the best decisions to build and scale our core set of services.
- 4+ years experience working as a Site Reliability Engineer.
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes.
- 2 + years of experience working with either GCP or AWS.
- Experience with CI systems, preferably gitlab.
- Experience building SLO-based monitoring(nice to have), and automated testing.
- Confidence with building maintainable and scalable systems based on reliable and fault-tolerant services.
- Previous experience of handling systems in production environments and participating in on-call duties.
- Good understanding how to build scalable and highly available systems
- A pragmatic person who thrives in a fast paced environment and takes full ownership in their work.
- 1+ years of experience working with Erlang or Elixir (BEAM runtime and OTP)
- Previous experience with BEAM (Erlang Virtual Machine).
- Experience in devsecops tooling.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- Choose to work from home or our modern office when needed—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal tech meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Work from abroad for up to one month every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we don't just accept diversity—we celebrate it. We're proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. We cherish each person's individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals. Join us!