Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 350+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 900 million euros.
As a Senior Tax Expert at Taxfix you will be part of our cross functional teams of tax experts, product managers, engineers and designers. You will be a key player to ensure that our product features offer our users an amazing experience when filing their taxes in a compliant way. Using our own developed technology, you design question flows and calculations that lead the user through their tax filing journey, ensuring that the tax calculation and filing is made in an automated way.
- You will ensure a tax compliant solution design.
- You will optimise and extend our tax logic.
- You will assure high quality and reliability of the tax content.
- You will support in optimising our internal tax tools.
- You will evaluate data and user feedback.
- You will help others understand tax regulations and train needed tax knowledge.
- You will support in the development of tax aligned product strategies.
- You have a tax related degree and more than 5 years of experience in German Personal Income Tax.
- Experience in (tax) technology and/or (tax) product development is a strong plus.
- You have very detailed knowledge on German income tax law, the general tax code and German tax authorities processes, e.g. filing, tax assessment, appeal process, etc.
- You are fluent using the common German tax software (Datev, Elster).
- You know how to use formulas and conditional logic.
- You can easily explain complex regulations and are able to translate them into logics.
- You are able to see the big picture and base your decisions on data.
- You are hands-on as well as proactive, need to be able to work in a team and willing to compromise.
- You speak German on a native level, can proficiently communicate in English and feel comfortable working in English.
- You like challenges and are not afraid of making mistakes.
- You like to see things from a different angle to help finding the best solutions.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal tech meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Work from abroad for up to one month every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.