Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 350+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 900 million euros.
At Taxfix, we want to forward the evolution and maturity of our product by earning greater trust from our customers. You will collaborate closely with other researchers, product managers, designers, data analysts, tax experts, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities. As a UX Researcher, your role is to find out what consumers need from Taxfix, understanding their motivation to use our products, as well as their behaviors and pain points associated with tax filing. You will work cross-functionally to frame your research and ensure your insights inspire and inform the direction of our products and services.
At Taxfix, we work with a human centred design process. This means we place an emphasis on understanding our customers' needs in the German market so we can both optimise the way we deliver value to our customers, and also come up with new innovative ideas. You will be joining a growing multidisciplinary design team including product and content designers who are passionate about meeting customer needs.
- Define the overall research strategy and scope for your product group
- Prioritize your research efforts, aligning with Group Product Managers, Country Managers and Product Teams on their mid- to long-term goals, the broader Group vision, and company objectives
- Initiate, plan and conduct strategic research within your product group, building foundational knowledge to inspire and inform mid- to long-term group strategy and product roadmaps
- Analyze, synthesize and share research insights that surface opportunity areas and drive the conception of creative solutions
- Provide support to PMs and Designers conducting tactical research, ensuring they are confident and following research processes and best practices
- 5+ years experience with UX Research or related field
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in anthropology, sociology, human-computer interaction, or a related discipline
- Fluency in German and English are mandatory
- Very strong prioritization skills to balance feasibility with time and resource constraints, distinguishing critical from non-critical issues
- Demonstrated ability to not only navigate ambiguity, but lead the team through it
- Able to collaborate in participatory, team-based environment and support and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction and vision
- Strong verbal and visual presentation skills, with a portfolio that demonstrates it
- Experience with research tools such as UserTesting.com, Dovetail, and UserInterviews.com is a bonus
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal tech meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Work from abroad for up to one month every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.