Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 350+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 900 million euros.
As our QA Engineer within our engineering teams, you will helping establish a culture of testing and shared ownership. Reporting to our Engineering Manager and collaborating cross-functionally with our engineers, designers and PM's, you'll provide testing guidelines and data to assist with smooth development and maintenance of our products.
Our cross-functional team structure gives developers a broad scope of our stack. We're passionate about decentralised, end-to-end ownership and deep collaboration. We live our development values by learning from one another through internal meetups, hackathons, and close collaboration.]
- Collaborate closely with the PM and designer to understand the requirements of upcoming features.
- Provide testing guidelines and testing data for developers at an early stage of feature development. Assist developers in doing proper testing.
- Work as part of the development team and be involved in the technical decisions (such as the design of new features), so that you can ensure that quality is built in early on and considered in every step of the delivery process and that we implement the correct automated tests for each feature.
- Provide testing notes and assist developers with testing their code.
- Identify and target areas of improvement by teaching testing and organising shared testing sessions to improve the quality culture and foster the shared quality ownership.
- Contribute to our automation codebase, to shorten the feedback loop and accelerate our development and delivery processes.
- Always be learning new programming languages and technologies.
- At least 2 years of experience testing mobile and web applications (experience in working with React / React Native apps is a plus).
- Experience with UI automation, either mobile or web.
- Experience in driving improvements around testing processes in agile
- Understanding of CI/CD
- API testing experience is a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills and you can be an interface between Product Development, Design and Business.
- Passion for product development and user experience.
- Pragmatic and work autonomously with a strong positive attitude and you overcome challenges with passion and proactiveness.
- Fluent in English. French is a big plus.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- Choose to work from home or our modern office when needed—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- 27 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Work from abroad for up to one month every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal tech meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Free tax declaration filing, of course, through the Taxfix app—and internal support for all personal tax-related questions.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.