Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 350+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 900 million euros.
Senior Data Engineer (m/w/d), this is your challenge
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to build tools to track and optimize Taxfix’s marketing activities. Our team uses a variety of tools and taps into different data sources, both in-house and 3rd party. We build tools that serve our stakeholders company-wide: Performance Marketing, Content Marketing, CRM, and Marketing Analytics. You will work in a cross-functional team with product managers, analysts, full stack engineers and data engineers to bring Taxfix to the next level.
- You will integrate Taxfix's Data Platform with our marketing partners' data to unlock new insights.
- You will solve real-time problems in tracking of our marketing campaigns and user attribution.
- You will develop real-time and batch data streaming pipelines using Functions, Airflow and Snowflake.
- You will be integral in establishing team-wide standards: excellent documentation, monitoring & alerting, code quality, unit testing, CI + CD.
- You will act as mentor for other engineers and share knowledge within the team.
We’re a fit if you bring these qualities with you
- 4+ years experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar position.
- Proven track record of working with Python, Airflow and Docker.
- Previous experience working in the domain of mobile apps and marketing tracking.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Excitement to work cross-functionally with different specialisms.
- Fluency in English verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Marketing tools like Google Analytics, Adjust, Segment, Braze.
- Previous experience designing and managing cloud-hosted Infrastructure (Google Cloud or AWS).
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- Choose to work from home or our modern office when needed—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- 27 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal tech meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.