Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 350+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In five years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than one billion euros.
- Review and understand existing data flows status and reasoning from tracking and ingestion to consumption and use cases
- Identify bottlenecks, challenges and opportunities with the data architecture
- Shape and expand Taxfix’s data architecture in support of our data strategy
- Initiate and support POC for new tools or concepts that support our data strategy by defining success criteria, approach and evaluation
- Establish and align guidelines and rules for data flow, data usage and data management and governance
- Evaluate cost effectiveness solution and prepare the data architecture to scale on volume and variety
- Hand-on experience with establishing and operating data streaming and ingestion solutions (ETL and ELT) such as Segment, Snowplow, Kafka, Airflow, dbt
- Experience with end to end cloud and SAAS solutions in the data space
- Good knowledge of storage concepts solution (Data Lake, DWH, Data Marts) such as:
- Hadoop, EMR, DeltaLake, Snowflake, BigQuery
- Familiar with DWH dimensional modelling concepts is an advantage
- Very good SQL and Python skills
- Good knowledge on BI and reporting solution
- Hands-on experience in GDPR concepts and data lifecycle management including data anonymization and deletion process
- Understand trade offs between build and buy
- Stay up to date with the latest data democratisation enabling technologies and concepts such as Data Catalogue, Metric Layer, Data Mesh, etc.
- Ability to influence and effectively collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- 27 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Work from abroad for up to six weeks every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal tech meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Free tax declaration filing, of course, through the Taxfix app—and internal support for all personal tax-related questions.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.