Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 350+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 900 million euros.
As Director of Sales - Assisted Tax Filing (d/f/m), you will manage our efforts to enable our customers to choose the level of tax filing support they prefer. Reporting to our VP of New Services and closely working with the Product, Design, Engineering, Legal and Data Team, you will draft, align, and execute strategies and tactics to meet customer expectations, cover partner needs, and achieve related user adoption and business goals. You will be the key point of contact for tax advisors, and will act as spokesperson to external stakeholders.
- Define and successfully drive a growth strategy for our Assisted Tax Filing business with focus on customer benefit and partner needs.
- Build the infrastructure and operating model with respect to partner selection, cost management, budget, HC allocation, compliance, and processes.
- Own the respective P&L, and continuously optimise it.
- Engage in the New Services team, support our team goals, and act as a vital and thoughtful sparring partner.
- You have 8+ years of professional experience and 3+ years of experience in a leadership role in a fast-paced environment in the Finance, Tax, or Legal sector.
- You have a strong track record of cracking business problems to drive customer benefit.
- You use data to inform your decisions.
- You are a leader, empowering and inspiring colleagues and partners through your excellent project management and communication skills.
- You are pragmatic and results-driven.
- You are fluent in German and English.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Choose to work from home or our modern office when needed—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- 30 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Work from abroad for up to one month every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.