Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 400+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In five years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than one billion euros.
As a team lead for Data Analytics, you'll be working with data in several cross-functional (mission) teams. You will be responsible for growing and developing your team as well as enabling the mission team to take action based on data. You will help to measure the impact of our new product features and create a culture of data informed decision making.
The Data Analytics Team enables everyone in the organisation to make data-driven decisions and drive business growth. We're committed to data democratisation, scalability, and actionable insights.
With a team of BI and DWH developers, Data Analysts, and Machine Learning Engineers, we're building tools and methodologies for data discoverability, accessibility, and reliability. By using Segmenet_io, Firebase, Snowflake, Python, Airflow, Metabase, Looker, Notebooks and many other tools, we're able to reach our ambitious goals.
Our team members possess a unique combination of technical skills, business understanding, and healthy communication. We can rely on each other to deliver our best and are committed to personal development via knowledge sharing, through mentoring and innovation days.
- Manage team of 2-4 data analysts - mentor and motivate, responsible for recruiting and growing the team
- Responsible for routines for reactive and proactive request gathering and prioritization
- Influence product decisions by providing actionable insights based on deep dives into customer behaviors
- Drive product experimentation by defining objectives, testing techniques, ensuring right tracking, analyzing the results and providing clear recommendations
- Take an active role in data democratization at Taxfix by implementing metrics, building dashboards, and up-skilling your stakeholders
- Establish best practice for data analysis, code reviews and story telling in your team
- Collaborate with different teams such as Product, BI, Data platform
- Promote data insight and usage in the organization
- 1-2 years managerial experience including hiring, mentoring and growing a team. 5+ years experience as a data analyst.
- Hands-on experience with A/B testing and product analytics
- Excellent SQL skills and basic Python for data analysis (e.g. pandas, scikit-learn)
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Jupyter Notebooks)
- Good communication skills in English and ability to work with stakeholders across all levels. German speaking is a plus
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- 27 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Work from abroad for up to six weeks every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal tech meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Free tax declaration filing, of course, through the Taxfix app—and internal support for all personal tax-related questions.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.