Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 400+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In five years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than one billion euros.
Our cross-functional team structure gives developers a broad scope of our stack. We're passionate about decentralised, end-to-end ownership and deep collaboration. We live our development values by learning from one another through internal meetups, hackathons, and close collaboration.
- Collaborating with the team and taking direction from the PM, continue the design and redesign of the Taxfix product with a user-centric focus.
- Actively contribute ideas, suggestions, and strategies within the team and the wider organization
- Contribute to technical decisions and strategy to further the long-term product vision.
- Developing features for our mobile and web applications
- Create a great developer experience through good tools and practices that empower seamless delivery.
- Be part of cross-functional teams, working closely with other platform and product teams.
- Be involved in key product decisions and work closely with the whole team to create intuitive and reliable apps.
- Support other team members by sharing knowledge and feedback and collaborating in pair programming sessions
- 3+ years of experience developing mobile applications
- Experience building scalable React Native applications and debugging issues in production
- Experience with building modern React.js web applications (or interest to learn!)
- Proficiency working with Git, Github/Gitlab, and CI/CD
- Interest in jumping into new projects and technologies
- A collaborative mindset with a strong positive attitude and interest in learning
- Somebody who can work autonomously and overcome challenges with passion
- Familiarity with backend concepts and technologies is a plus (authentication systems, databases, cloud)
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- The freedom to work from home or our modern office—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- 30 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal tech meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.