Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 400+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In five years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than one billion euros.
As a Product Designer in a cross-functional context, you will plan and execute the design activities on your mission team, working in close collaboration with Content Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and other stakeholders. Your mission will be to deeply understand the problems customers have, define, iterate and experiment with ways to solve these problems, and ultimately, to bring solutions into development. Your role will help to craft the structure and functionality of each product; to make it clear and easy for users to complete tasks- giving them the confidence to overcome challenges and creating a design that transcends mere functionality and becomes something people enjoy.
- Plan out design activities and align with mission team timelines
- Align with input from business goals, technical requirements, and data to design concepts that can be tested with users
- Create user flows, future user journeys, system maps, interactive prototypes, and MVPs for testing that help validate potential concepts to customers
- Collaborate with other disciplines such as UX researchers, product managers, engineers and content designers to design a holistic experience for our customers
- Create interactive prototypes, service experiments and MVPs so that we can run usability testing to help validate potential concepts for our users
- Deliver against tight seasonal deadlines working with quarterly OKRs
- Design across mobile apps, web app and potentially additional journey touchpoints while maintaining a consistent approach of interaction patterns
- 5+ years of experience in a design role (UX designer, interaction design, product designer)
- Proven experience in user testing and user research
- Passion for design and are engaged with what is happening in the design community
- Able to distinguish between ‘good’ and ‘great’ and are able to not only identify best practices but push boundaries and explore new territory
- Strategic mindset & able to understand how to balance user and business needs
- Able to tackle complex, interconnected challenges and use design to both communicate that complexity and prototype interventions that provide clarity and simplicity
- Able to collaborate in a participatory, team-based environment and support and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction, vision, and planning of deliverables
Senior, Staff/ Specialist and Principal skills additions:
- Experience with Service Design thinking at an ecosystem level
- Ability to move key business metrics through hypothesis-driven design processes
- Experience designing and facilitating remote workshops
- Experience with mentoring others
- Advanced stakeholder management - vocal and confident in a team-based environment
- Advanced feedback giving and receiving- diplomatic, empathetic
- Ability to manage energy in rooms and trade-offs with others
- Ability to keep teams in sync with design strategy, owning both strategic articulations “up the chain” and the full execution and quality of the work
Working knowledge of and business fluency in English
Additional product languages include German, Italian, French and Spanish
(*language needs dependant on team assignment)
Please don't forget to send us your portfolio.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- Choose to work from home or our modern office when needed—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- 27 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Work from abroad for up to one month every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Free tax declaration filing, of course, through the Taxfix app—and internal support for all personal tax-related questions.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.