Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 400+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In five years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than one billion euros.
As a Team Lead Business Intelligence - Marketing (d/f/m), you will be responsible for creating a complete, reliable and well structured data and measurement foundation for our Growth & Marketing ambitions at Taxfix. Together with your team you will take full ownership of our Marketing data and aim to provide a solid data foundation towards Taxfix, especially towards Marketing stakeholders and Marketing Analytics.
You own the collection, ingestion and transformation of available data from our Marketing sources, own challenges around incomplete data and own logics such as Attribution, ROAS Model etc.
Our goal is to create a unified measuring approach to quantify our Growth ambitions and actions and you will be the one shaping this together with your team.
You'll be leading a small cross functional team of experts around Marketing data including a Data Engineer, an Analytics Engineer and a Data Analyst.
The Data Team enables everyone in the organisation to make data-driven decisions and drive business growth. We're committed to data democratisation, scalability, and actionable insights.
With a team of Data Engineer, Analytics Engineer, Data Analysts and Machine Learning Engineers, we're building tools and methodologies for data discoverability, accessibility, and reliability. By using Segment.io, Firebase, Snowflake, Funnel, Adjust, Python, Airflow, dbt, Metabase, Looker, Notebooks and many other tools, we're able to reach our ambitious goals.
Our team members possess a unique combination of technical skills, business understanding, and healthy communication. We can rely on each other to deliver our best and are committed to personal development via knowledge sharing, through mentoring and innovation days.
- Stay up to date with marketing evolving data needs as well as with user acquisition environment and ecosystem.
- Evaluate different attribution solutions and build relevant models.
- Create ROAS models to enable actionable insights.
- Assure data quality including data completeness, reliability and availability.
- Manage relationships and discovery with 3rd party solutions.
- Work together with Marketing team and Marketing Analytics as stakeholders, Analytics Engineering, Data Platform and other MarTech teams as partners.
- Create and promote an understanding of Marketing Data & Measurement within Taxfix, document and transfer knowledge and own the MDM Roadmap together with your team.
- Manage a team of Data analysts, Analytics engineers and Data engineers, responsible for growth, motivation and hiring.
- Being in the technical detail in order to allow yourself to do code reviews, technical sparring sessions or if needed contribute yourself to the solution.
- Good understanding and hands on experience with attribution models
- Good knowledge of principles of DWH concepts and dimensional modeling
- Good technical skills in SQL and BI solution
- Python experience is a plus, especially around Regression, Forecasting, Markov Chains and MediaMixModelling
- Familiar with a variety of marketing channels including social media, paid search, display, organic, etc.
- Familiar with 3rd party platforms supporting marketing spend and user tracking such as: Adjust, Appsflyer, Singular, funnel.io, TVSquared, Google analytics
- Experience in managing a team
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- 30 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Work from abroad for up to six weeks every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal tech meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Free tax declaration filing, of course, through the Taxfix app—and internal support for all personal tax-related questions.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.