Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 400+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In five years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than one billion euros.
As part of the Analytics Engineer team with strong support from Senior Data Analytics engineers, you will be helping us transition to a more streamlined and democratic approach to BI, enabling the organisation to make data-informed decisions with self-serve data solutions at scale.
The Data Analytics Team enables everyone in the organisation to make data-driven decisions and drive business growth. We're committed to data democratisation, scalability, and actionable insights.
With a team of BI and DWH developers, Data Analysts, and Machine Learning Engineers, we're building tools and methodologies for data discoverability, accessibility, and reliability. By using Segmenet.io, Firebase, Snowflake, dbt, Python, Airflow, Metabase, Looker, Jupyter Notebooks, and many other tools, we're able to reach our ambitious goals.
Our team members possess a unique combination of technical skills, business understanding, and healthy communication. We can rely on each other to deliver our best and are committed to personal development via knowledge sharing, mentoring, and innovation days.
- Improve, Implement data quality and monitor our data warehouse.
- Support the team by enhancing our DWH environment to allow our data customers to create meaningful insights and analyses.
- Support and maintain existing BI solutions and resolve bugs as they arise.
- Take full ownership over your projects from the idea generation, requirement gathering, and successful implementation.
- Strong analytical skills and a background in statistics, information technology, or computer science.
- Hands-on experience with SQL is a must.
- Familiarity with a BI tool (Tableau, Looker,...) is a strong plus.
- Experience with Python or programming is a plus.
- Ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly.
- Good communication skills with external and internal stakeholders.
- A team player and don’t mind “getting your hands dirty“ to support others.
- Available for a period of 6+ months.
- Full proficiency in English and eligibility to work in Germany for the duration of the internship.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- 30 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Work from abroad for up to six weeks every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal tech meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Free tax declaration filing, of course, through the Taxfix app—and internal support for all personal tax-related questions.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.