Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 500+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In five years, we've raised over 300 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than one billion euros.
Our cross-functional team structure gives developers a broad scope of our stack. We're passionate about decentralised, end-to-end ownership and deep collaboration. We live our development values by learning from one another through internal meetups, hackathons, and close collaboration.
Our tech platform group aims to improve the scalability of our technology and elevate the developer experience to new levels through the right tech architecture, tools and processes. From the perspective of our frontend platform, we want to create a future in which developing and releasing new products and services is not only safe and fast, but also easy and enjoyable.
- Collaborating with the team and taking direction from the organisation’s needs, continue the design and redesign of our internal platforms.
- Contribute to technical decisions and strategy to further the long-term product vision.
- Work on unblocking unique frontend challenges our product teams are facing to decrease cycle times.
- Create a great developer experience through good tools and practices that empower seamless delivery.
- Understand the needs of the business, developers and other stakeholders to build the right software at the right time
- Communicate changes and drive adoption of platform initiatives.
- Educate developers on good practices, inform them about antipatterns, code smells and tech debt
- Experience building solid scalable services and well structured front-end applications
- Previous experience with React Native and native mobile development (iOS and Android native SDKs)
- Experience with integrating with diverse APIs
- Passionate about writing maintainable and elegant code, ability to spot and remove antipatterns and code smells
- A pragmatic person with a strong positive attitude
- High levels of customer empathy and eagerness to support other engineers in adoption of platform solutions
- Somebody who can work autonomously and overcome challenges with passion
- Demonstrate curiosity and passion to continue learning
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- The freedom to work from home or our modern office—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- 30 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal tech meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.