Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 500+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In five years, we've raised over 300 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than one billion euros.
As a Service Designer you will help us on this journey by creating new service concepts, understanding what experiences should be delivered, how systems and staff facilitate the process, define new integrations, prototype and test your work, and be part of evolving the business to the next chapter.
You will be joining a growing multidisciplinary human-centred design team including product & service designers, content designers and user researchers who are passionate about meeting our customer needs. We work in collaboration with product managers, data analysts, tax experts, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities.
- Develop strategic priorities by coordinating alignment between stakeholders, typically through interviews, workshops and co-creation.
- Work directly with the operational stakeholders to define how we can deliver the work.
- Translate business goals, product requirements and initial research insights into service concepts and designs
- Create new customer journeys and service prototypes that help us evaluate the value we can deliver to our customers, both conceptually and from a usability perspective.
- Design across channels and touch points, understanding the different actors, systems and infrastructure in the end to end service.
- Work within multidisciplinary teams that may include Tax specialists, Product Owners, Engineers and Data Scientists
- Drive business transformation along with your team
- 4-9 years of experience in Service design, research or UX Design and/or a degree in Design or equivalent training.
- Take a creative systems thinking approach and are able to lead conversations in a cross-functional environment
- Can explain and perform customer-centric methodologies to orchestrate service interactions, both front stage and back stage.
- An ability to understand the value of design within a business context, and able to offer considered point of view and direction on designs
- Experience undertaking discovery user research as well as validation testing of products & services
- Have a real passion for product and service design and engage in the topic in your free time
- Able to collaborate in a team-based environment, give direction, set a vision, and plan deliverables for execution.
- Have strong verbal and strategic presentation skills
- An excellent command of English and German
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Work from abroad for up to six weeks every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.