Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 500+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 300 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than one billion euros.
As an Engineer in the Platform team, you’ll have a direct impact on delivering high fidelity, reliable internal products. You’ll be involved in creating testing strategies, discovering the most efficient ways of testing our systems and supporting our product teams in fast delivery through creating tools, automation and CI.
The Platform team is composed of software engineers with a passion for internal tooling. We offer an internal development platform to our developers. One of the important aspects of the developer platform is the strategy and tooling. . We're passionate about decentralised, end-to-end ownership and deep collaboration. We live our development values by learning from one another through internal meet ups, hackathons, and close collaboration. Joining our Tools and Infrastructure team you’ll work alongside our developers and testing specialists to improve our testing infrastructure and benefit our development teams and users!
Your responsibilities and decisions:
- Work in the QE Platform (Quality Engineering Platform) team to create an org-wide testing strategy.
- Drive uniform test tooling across engineering.
- Streamline our software delivery by creating automation and self-serve QE tools to enable developers to deliver fast and with confidence
- Identify what kind of testing should be performed at a specific time and help product teams implement it.
- Support one of our product or platform team with their special testing requirements.
- What kind of testing does the organisation need in order to innovate and release frequently?
- What testing practices should we adopt that align with our testing strategy?
- What tooling do we need to expedite delivery while increasing quality confidence?
- What development and agile processes should we adopt to boost quality?
- Preferably worked on consumer facing mobile app - product company
- Knowledge and experience of DevOps (Kubernetes)
- Mobile, web automation with whatever framework, preferably JS-based
- Selenium/ Selenium based tools, Cypress, Detox, webdriverio, pytest etc.
- API testing (manual and automation) + performance testing
- At least 1 major e2e testing tool (Detox, Appium, Selenium, Cypress etc)
- Experience with multiple CI tools (GitLab, Jenkins, CircleCI etc)
- Thorough understanding of software delivery e2e incl. releasing mobile and web products
- Understanding of the testing pyramid — what tests are needed for different systems
- Passionate about Software quality, writing clean, maintainable code and shifting left.
- Experience in creating Test architecture and design, implementing and improving test suites and frameworks for front and backend testing layers.
- Pragmatic and work autonomously with a strong positive attitude and you overcome challenges with passion and proactiveness,
- Fluent in English.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- Choose to work from home or our modern office when needed—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- 30 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Work from abroad for up to one month every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal tech meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Free tax declaration filing, of course, through the Taxfix app—and internal support for all personal tax-related questions.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.