Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 500+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In five years, we've raised over 300 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than one billion euros.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to help build the tools and pipelines to provide a self-served and efficient data environment at Taxfix. Together with the rest of the team you will design, build and maintain a secure and scalable platform that will help Taxfix to keep growing a data-driven culture.
You will work on different projects focusing on our three mission enablers, scalable data infrastructure, self serve data tooling and secure data governance, that will support the rest of the company to work with the best data. The team goal is to provide an easy way to access other teams in the organization to the data generated by our apps and other sources so they can be enabled to bring value.
The data engineer role we are looking for is one with strong software engineer skills but at the same time knowledge of the most recent data technologies. Snowflake, Airflow, Segment.io, AVO, and dbt are part of our core tech stack but we are looking to explore new technologies and new tools that will help us achieve the goal of building a self-served and efficient data environment, so you with the team will play an important role introducing these new technologies.
You will be working within a focus mission team of Data Engineers and the support of a Product Manager. Your team is part of the Data Organization, which enables everyone in the company to make data-driven decisions and drive business growth. We’re committed to data democratization, scalability, and actionable insights. With a team of Data Analysts ranging from Growth Analytics to Operations, Finance and Product Analytics, Analytics Engineers, Data Engineers, and Machine Learning Engineers, we’re building tools and methodologies for data discoverability, accessibility, and reliability. Due to the Data Platform mission, we are working close with different teams and cross-functional team projects are common, so you can expect to work with other team members and be part of new project teams. Our team members have different data engineering backgrounds, some of them coming from backend development and some other from other data positions, so the combination of these skills makes it easy to connect with other teams. We can rely on each other to deliver our best and are committed to personal development via knowledge sharing, through mentoring and innovation days
- You create the platform that makes ingestion of data in a fast-paced environment a breeze
- You will be responsible for the data infrastructure and data security in Taxfix Data Organization
- You will be responsible to research new technologies that will help the team to achieve the mission goals
- You will participate in the data architecture design and decision making process
- You will be integral in establishing team-wide standards: excellent documentation, monitoring & alerting, code quality, unit testing, CI + CD
- 2+ years experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar position
- Strong SQL skills
- Proven track record of working with Python for Data Engineering around Data Ingestion and Data Quality.
- Knowledge about the current data engineering tools on the market
- Experience working in cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud, AWS or Azure)
- Excitement to work cross-functionally with different specialisms
- A team player and don’t mind “getting your hands dirty“ to support others
- Solid communication: We constantly work close to different teams in different domains(business, analytics, engineering) so you need to be ready to interact with them
Plus points for:
- Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge and experience of Data quality and monitoring best practices
- Knowledge of Data Science processes
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- Choose to work from home or our modern office when needed—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- 30 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal tech meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Free tax declaration filing, of course, through the Taxfix app—and internal support for all personal tax-related questions.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we don't just accept diversity—we celebrate it. We're proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. We cherish each person's individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals. Join us!