Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 350+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 300 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 900 million euros.
As Taxfix’s Director of Engineering, Infrastructure Engineering, you will lead the engineering team managing and owning Taxfix’s infrastructure setup:
- Site Reliability Engineering
- Build & Release Engineering
- Developer Experience
In this role you will take an essential role in building our tech-infrastructure to achieve a scalable and efficient setup for long-term growth. You will work alongside other directors and engineering managers to facilitate efficient, secure and fail-safe deployments of their apps and software.
- Hire, Lead and nurture the Infrastructure Engineers team to ensure timely and high quality delivery
- Take ownership for Taxfix’s server setup (its health), CI, CD, automation and deployment setups
- Control permission setups for all development & business teams for security and traceability
- Work closely with the CTO and VP Engineering to align on the Engineering KPIs of your team.
- Own the process for incident response and management
- Defining and measuring reliability goals—SLIs, SLOs, and error budgets
- Ensure team process and capability to stay ahead of system capacity demands
- Support improvements in infrastructure spend efficiency
- Communicate effectively across all company departments and roles
- At Least 8 years of experience in software development or the relevant field.
- Leadership: At Least 5 years of experience in technical leadership roles. Teams trust you and feel valued, they can develop and would recommend their workplace.
- Shaping the company culture - you have experience in driving a cultural changes in organisations of 100+ people
- You have experience in managing servers and building scalable pipelines
- You have expertise in deployment tools and platforms like Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, AWS
- Be result-oriented - You set clear goals and metrics, shape strategies, and align the team on the right path to success.
- You are pragmatic - Have a strong positive attitude, and you can overcome challenges with passion and creativity.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- 30 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Work from abroad for up to six weeks every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.