Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 500+ professionals from 60+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 300 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than one billion euros.
Taxfix is one of the fastest growing Fin-Tech startups in Europe. We are a data-driven company that has scaled up significantly during the last few years with more exponential growth ahead of us. Taxfix business teams and data have increased significantly in the past few years, from a centralized small data team we have grown to a hybrid data organization with dozens of developers and many tools.
Since data is core to our business, our need to capture and process data, and generate insights from it, is becoming increasingly important. We are continuously working on building a state of the art data democratization to bring data based decision making to the next level.
In your role, you will be working on our self serve analytics solution which include data tooling and platform, data governance, data models, and seamless interaction to your users.
As a data product manager, you'll have the freedom to work from home or our modern office. You will be working with two teams responsible to provide the data tech stack, loading and modeling data in our warehouse as well as providing reports. Your teams are part of the Data Organization, which enables everyone in the company to make data-driven decisions and drive business growth. We’re committed to data democratization, scalability, and actionable insights.
We’re building tools and methodologies for data discoverability, accessibility, and reliability to have a major impact on the Data Organizations future, so you will be in touch with many colleagues across the whole company.
Our team members have different data engineering backgrounds skills that makes it easy to connect with other teams. We can rely on each other to deliver our best and are committed to personal development via knowledge sharing, through mentoring and innovation days.
- Manage and prioritize the team’s backlog of requests and technical improvement.
- Be a project manager for your Roadmap items and take care of all relevant aspects like stakeholder- and risk management, project scoping, planning, gather requirements.
- Run the regular agile processes and help the team to improve and extend collaborative processes with other departments.
- Support in the creation of initiatives around our mission to create a data-driven company and take the lead for some of those projects.
- Moderate Meetings and Workshops and create data related trainings (e.g. Retrospective, Reviews, Kick-Off, specific topic related Workshops, Data Onboarding training).
- Manage the project and product Documentation and create business related documentation.
- Coordinate internal Stakeholder and create transparency on the topics you and the teams are working on.
- Be a technical sparring partner for Analysts, Analytics Engineers, Data Engineers and Software Engineers.
- Your mindset is the most important: you have an agile team focused mindset, are passionate about data and you´re highly motivated to contribute to make our data organization better every day.
- You have minimum 3 years of experience in BI (you know about SQL, report design, metrics definition, data modelling, data architecture) or related field.
- You have successfully managed projects in a BI or technical environment that also involved change management.
- You have a very good business understanding of various business areas (maybe even fro different branches).
- You build up successfully a network of Stakeholder to understand and prioritize their needs for your product roadmap and optimize collaboration processes.
- You value giving and receiving feedback and you perceive failing and learning as a driver of growth.
- You´ve graduated in Computer Sciences, Engineering, Economics or similar field.
- English is a must as we are working in an international environment.
Nice to have:
- Experience in agile product management or lean product development approaches.
- Deep technical experience in BI and/or AI.
- Knowledge and experience about descriptive visualizations (e.g. BPMN, Statemachine, ERD) for various areas.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- 30 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Work from abroad for up to six weeks every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal tech meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Free tax declaration filing, of course, through the Taxfix app—and internal support for all personal tax-related questions.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.