Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 500+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In five years, we've raised over 300 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than one billion euros.
Taxfix is one of the fastest growing Fin-Tech startups. We are a data-driven company that has scaled up significantly during the last few years with more exponential growth ahead of us. Taxfix business teams and data have increased significantly in the past few years, from a centralized small data team we have grown to a hybrid data organization with dozens of developers and many tools.
Since data is core to our business, our need to capture and process data, and generate insights from it, is becoming increasingly important. We are continuously working on building a state of the art data democratization to bring data based decision making to the next level.
As an associate data product manager you will be working on our self serve analytics solution which include data tooling and platform, data governance, data models, and seamless interaction to your users.
You will be working with two teams responsible to provide the data tech stack, loading and modeling data in our warehouse as well as providing reports. Your teams are part of the Data Organization, which enables everyone in the company to make data-driven decisions and drive business growth. We’re committed to data democratization, scalability, and actionable insights.
We’re building tools and methodologies for data discoverability, accessibility, and reliability to have a major impact on the Data Organizations future, so you will be in touch with many colleagues across the whole company.
Our team members have different data engineering backgrounds skills that makes it easy to connect with other teams. We can rely on each other to deliver our best and are committed to personal development via knowledge sharing, through mentoring and innovation days.
- Manage and prioritize the team’s backlog of requests and technical improvement.
- Be a project manager for smaller projects and take care of all relevant aspects like Stakeholder- and Risk Management, project scoping and planning, gather requirements.
- Run the regular agile processes and support to improve them.
- Take over Project Management for smaller Projects or support other colleagues with your skills (incl. support in requirements engineering and creating tickets).
- Moderate Meetings and Workshops (e.g. Retrospective, Reviews, Kick-Off, specific topic related Workshops, Data Onboarding training)
- Manage the project and product Documentation.
- Coordinate internal Stakeholder and create transparency on the topics you and the teams are working on.
- Support with pre-evaluation of Projects and Input for the Product Roadmap.
- Your mindset is the most important: you have an agile mindset, are passionate about data and you´re highly motivated to contribute to make our data organization better every day.
- You are consumer centric and always think from your Stakeholders perspective.
- You love to work structured and to take the driver-seat for topics.
- You have excellent team and communication skills.
- You have already a basic business understanding of a certain business area.
- You´ve graduated in Computer Sciences, Engineering, Economics or similiar field.
- English is a must as we are working in an international environment.
- Basic knowledge about BI (SQL, Reporting, Data modeling).
Nice to have:
- Experience in agile product management
- Already some first years of working experience
- Basic knowledge about descriptive visualizations (e.g. BPMN, Statemachine, ERD) for various areas
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- The freedom to work from home or our modern office—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- Work with the best and learn from other competent and brilliant people.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.