Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 500+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In five years, we've raised over 300 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than one billion euros.
As Finance Project Manager (d/w/m) you actively participate in shaping the finance department and support the conception and implementation of company-wide processes while being a key contributor to strategic (special) projects. You will be the central contact person for internal stakeholders and be a valued finance contributor to Product teams across all Taxfix countries as they assess, develop & scale new products. Through your analytical way of thinking, experienced project planning, and highly proficient in financial modeling you will plan, set up, and manage financial activities across various teams and aspects of Taxfix. You look to add additional value to the Taxfix eco-system through understanding the Taxfix product both from a front-end and backend perspective and apply your financial toolbox to perform ad-hoc (independent) analyses where you believe the efficiency of insights are needed.
- Actively shape and develop the finance department with the focus on scaling operations and automating wherever possible, this includes the conception, implementation and execution of company-wide processes that affect Finance.
- Confidently manage projects with up to 15 stakeholders from various departments with a high degree of diligence and organization to ensure that deadlines and work streams remain on time. While ensuring that stakeholders involved are assisted in delivering (this includes detailed and communicated pre-planning of projects).
- Set up KPIs for your project team, analyze them and always provide your conclusions while being open to constructive discussions and feedback (always asking WHY).
- Act as the central contact person for internal stakeholders to the finance team for project related topics, while diligently assessing internal communications/discussions/topics which may have an impact on the finance team and actively communicate this.
- Work closely with your finance team to be the voice to other departments on the requirements & changes for the finance team to efficiently perform the monthly tasks needed.
- You have a degree in business administration with a focus on finance or a similar degree.
- You bring 3+ years of professional experience in a Big4, strategy consulting or Fintech.
- You have an exceptionally good understanding of financial processes, accounting and planning, and can relate well to the needs of a startup.
- You make yourself an indispensable team member from day 1 through your ability to solve problems efficiently and your analytical mindset combined with confident communication skills.
- You are highly proficient in financial modeling and analysis to independently and efficiently conduct technical and complex analyses.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- 30 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Work from abroad for up to six weeks every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Free tax declaration filing, of course, through the Taxfix app—and internal support for all personal tax-related questions.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.