Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 350+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 300 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 900 million euros.
Taxfix’s Chief Information Security Officer is leading our overall Cybersecurity programs, including Enterprise Security, Product Security as well as technical compliance. Given the nature of our business - assisting consumers with filing their taxes and achieving financial wellbeing -the CISO role is of the utmost importance to our continued success. This is an executive and highly visible role in the organisation reporting to the Chief Technology officer. As our CISO, you will provide leadership to product development organisation as well as frequently collaborate with other cross-functional stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Develop, implement and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security, product security and IT risk management program.
- Work directly with the business and product development functions to facilitate risk assessment and risk management processes. Keep the organisation informed about risks and priorities.
- Partner with legal, engineering, product and infrastructure to drive privacy & compliance requirements in product, engineering and infrastructure activities.
- Take ownership of our current information security management framework and enhance it over time. Provide an effective governance structure to ensure compliance and accountability.
- Understand and interact with related disciplines through committees to ensure the consistent application of policies and standards across all technology projects, systems and services.
- Effectively lead the information security organisation and inspire working towards a clear vision to keep our systems and customer data safe
- Partner with stakeholders across the company to raise awareness of risk management concerns.
- Participate in shaping Taxfix’s overall technology and product development roadmaps, representing the security and compliance perspective.
- Hire, develop, and retain the best security professionals in the industry and ensure they have the vision, plan, support, and culture in place to accelerate the business.
- 15+ years of Information-/Cybersecurity experience with 5+ years of leadership experience at the executive level including experience as VP of Security or CISO, ideally in a highly regulated industry.
- Degree in technology-related field or business administration.
- Experience driving forward compliance and certification programs such as ISO 27001, GDPR, SOC II and other related compliance frameworks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high level of personal integrity.
- Innovative thinking and leadership with an ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations and management including managed services.
- Specific experience in Agile (scaled) software development or other best in class development practices.
- Experience with Cloud computing/Elastic computing across virtualized environments.
- Knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory requirements related to data and information security in the financial services sector.
- Solid understanding of information security and data privacy concepts, threats, and technologies, including industry standards and best practices.
- Professional security management certification. CISSP, CCISO, CRISC, CISA, CISM, GSEC, or similar certifications, a plus.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- 30 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Work from abroad for up to six weeks every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.