Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 500+ professionals from 60+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In five years, we've raised over 300 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than one billion euros.
- Collaborating with the team and partnering with the Product Manager and Product Designer, continue the design and redesign of the Taxfix product with a user-centric focus.
- Lead architectural and technical decisions within the team, that are aligned with the overall technical roadmap of the product, as well as, inspiring and contributing to a shared technical vision of designing the simplest effective solutions to the hardest problems.
- Work closely with your team in crafting high quality software.
- Help your Engineering Manager create a strong team culture that cultivates a collaborative, transparent and inclusive work environment.
- Be involved in the recruiting and employer branding initiatives.
- 8 + years of experience in developing scalable front-end and backend applications.
- Have a deep knowledge of React and NodeJS, and you have experience developing products with it.
- Enjoy writing maintainable and elegant code, and you know how to establish and maintain good engineering practices in the team.
- Previous experience mentoring an engineering team.
- You are familiar with agile practices and how to apply them in building complex software products in an iterative way.
- Extensive experience with A/B experiments and have a data-driven attitude towards product development.
- Understanding of DevOps culture, and you have experience implementing automation pipelines to continuously deliver well tested software.
- You are a pragmatic person with a strong positive attitude, and you can work autonomously and overcome challenges with passion.
- You are fluent in English.
- Experience in Fintech/Banking software development is a plus.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- 30 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Work from abroad for up to six weeks every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal tech meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we don't just accept diversity—we celebrate it. We're proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. We cherish each person's individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals. Join us!