Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 500+ professionals from 60+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In five years, we've raised over 300 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than one billion euros.
As a Technical Product Manager (d/f/m) at Taxfix, you own the roadmap for our Frontend Platform team. You will build frontend tools that help our developers and product teams deliver new and scalable products.
Taxfix has gained strong early traction in the market and we are now striving to expand our product value proposition to new audiences and to fuel our next phase of growth. We want to create a future in which releasing new products is safe, fast, easy, and enjoyable.
Our ideal Technical Product Manager has worked on technical products or on platforms (ideally with high-quality consumer-facing user interfaces). They are obsessed with enabling product teams to build great experiences for our users. They are technical-oriented, able to understand our developers' needs, and have attention to detail when it comes to the end-user experience.
They also drive strategic projects across the broader company.
- Define and develop the strategy and roadmap for your cross-functional product team.
- Enable your team to build and ship high-quality functionalities and meet roadmap milestones.
- Collaborate and create the OKRs and KPIs to measure impact and report on progress.
- Help the team balance efforts between maintaining a solid platform and creating new platform features.
- Build a deep understanding of our users' needs and behavior.
- Identify opportunities for creating a great developer experience.
- Understanding technical and design trade-offs.
- Build strong relationships and communicate with other technical platform teams and stakeholders.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience as a (Senior) Product Manager in technical/platform teams, ideally in a high-growth environment. Previous engineering experience is a bonus, but not required.
- Experience in driving roadmap strategy, definition, and execution, leading initiatives from ideation to adoption in a highly cross-functional environment.
- Well-founded knowledge and deep understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and delivery.
- Experience in making informed decisions based on engineering/platform KPIs and internal user research data.
- Strong capability to identify and mitigate risks, as well as to handle operational matters with a hands-on/pragmatic approach.
- Empathy and strong collaboration skills, caring for user problems with an ability to understand the perspectives and needs of team members and stakeholders
- Inclusive and clear communication style with the ability to develop well-structured and data-informed narratives and documents
- Fluency in English.
- Experience working with teams implementing tooling and infrastructure for frontend developers is a nice-to-have.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- 30 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Work from abroad for up to six weeks every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.