When do I have to file a tax return as an expat, foreigner or relocator?

You should file a tax return if…

  • You changed the employer.
  • You are considered part of tax class 6 and had two employers at the same time.
  • You are in a civil partnership with the tax class combination 3 / 5 and 4 / 4 “mit Faktor”.
  • You received a request from the tax office to file a tax return.

FAQ about Taxfix