Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 350+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 900 million euros.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will Co-lead this process alongside a skilled Product Manager on a mission to deeply understand the problem customers have, the solution we are giving them, and ultimately to achieve product-market fit. The areas your role will lead are helping to craft the structure and behaviour of the product to make it clear and easy to complete tasks, give people confidence by responding the way they expect and create a design that transcends mere functionality and becomes something people enjoy.
At Taxfix, we work with a human centred design process. This means we first need to understand our customers needs in the new markets so we can then adapt & extend our existing German product to deliver value for our customers.
- Translate business goals, product requirements, research and testing insights into designs that we test in the market.
- Collaborate with other disciplines such as UX researchers, business developers and content designers to develop a holistic design for our customers
- Create interactive prototypes, service experiments and MVPs for testing that help validate potential concepts to customers.
- Deliver against tight seasonal deadlines
- Design across mobile apps, websites, web app while maintaining a consistent approach and interaction patterns
- + 5 years of experience in Product design (UX design)
- Proven experience in user testing and user research
- Passion for design: Able to distinguish between ‘good’ and ‘great’ and are able to not only identify best practices, but push boundaries and explore new territory
- Strategic Business mindset
- Able to tackle complex, interconnected challenges and use design to both communicate that complexity and prototype interventions that provide clarity and simplicity
- Experience with Service Design
- Experimentation and hypothesis drive design
- Able to collaborate in participatory, team-based environment and support and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction, vision, and planning of deliverables
- Strong verbal and visual presentation skills, with a portfolio that demonstrates that
- Excellent verbal and written command of Italian and English
Please don't forget to send us your portfolio.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- 27 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.