Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 250+ professionals from 40 different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 500 million euros.
Your challenge:As an Engineering Manager at Taxfix, you’ll be part of a talented multidisciplinary product team helping them take their productivity to the next level. You’ll focus on our most important priority, our people. As a leader, you’ll support the growth of our software engineering teams in our organization. Helping unblock tasks, defining engineering processes and bringing clear context to your teams.
- Be responsible for the success and personal growth of all engineers working within your product group.
- Grow a strong team culture that cultivates a collaborative, transparent and inclusive work environment.
- Be responsible for ensuring the right engineering work environment (e.g. tools, documentation, processes), and contribute to a shared technical vision that embraces the beauty of simplicity in software design.
- Own the recruiting process of new engineers in the group and ensure we acquire best talents.
- Partner with Product Managers and Product Designers for planning the execution of the product roadmap.
- Work with engineers within the group to ensure alignments, and connect them with other groups to ensure the successful execution of the overall product roadmap.
- Contribute to engineering initiatives within the Engineering Management leadership team
- You have 8+ years of experience working on software development, and have experience working with mobile and web technologies.
- Fintech experience is a plus
- You enjoy working with people, and have a track record for building and leading teams in a motivated and dynamic environment.
- You have 3+ years of experience in a management role, responsible for a team of at least 5 members.
- You set clear goals and metrics, shape strategies, and align the team on the right path to success.
- You are pragmatic and have a positive attitude, and you can overcome challenges with passion and creativity.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- Choose to work from home or our modern office when needed—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- 27 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we don't just accept diversity—we celebrate it. We're proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. We cherish each person's individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals. Join us!