As one of the most successful and fast-growing FinTech startup companies in Europe, we are currently experiencing exciting growth and development. We are revolutionising the way people file their taxes; helping them to save money, time and stress by putting a personalised digital tax consultant into the palm of their hands. Our user-friendly Taxfix App enables people to file their tax declaration within 22 minutes on average, without any prior tax knowledge or the complicated forms associated with it.
Our offices in Berlin and Madrid are home to a diverse team of 200+ people who come from more than 40 nations around the world!
Team Lead Accounting, this is your challenge
- Your job is to build an internationally scalable accounting infrastructure.
- We are currently migrating our accounting in-house, implementing an ERP system that you constantly refine and optimise.
- You will always have an eye out for automating recurring tasks with the help of our project managers, data engineers and external consultants.
- Together with a world class team of accountants you take pride in delivering timely, accessible and accurate financial reports for management and investors.
- You proactively communicate your own ideas and make your voice heard when it comes to shaping internal processes and systems.
- Under increasing workload, your first thought is automation, not hiring.
- You love getting lost in the details, but are no micromanager, because you trust your team.
- You are a mentor to your accountants and help them become the best version of themselves every day.
We’re a fit if you bring these qualities with you:
- You have a strong theoretical and practical background in accounting in an international context.
- You have not just operated accounting software but have also been closely involved in implementing and optimising it.
- Ideally you’ll have worked in a large start up / scale up environment for at least 3 years, independently driving international growth from a financial perspective.
- You thrive in international and diverse teams, act on strong leadership principles and have strong communication skills.
- You have detailed knowledge of more than two VAT regimes (one preferrably outside the EU) and have a full grasp of local GAAP in at least one continental European country as well as IFRS.
- You’re fluent in English and - ideally - speak conversational German.
What’s in it for you?:
Of course, we have all the perks you would expect from a tech startup that you can check out here. Additionally, this role also offers:
- Get to make an impact on thousands of people’s lives every day
- Be supported to grow and take leadership from day one
- Work in a beautiful, inspiring office near Alexanderplatz
- Get relocation and visa support
At Taxfix, we don’t just accept diversity, we celebrate it! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability or place of origin. We care about one another at Taxfix and are grateful for each person’s individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals.