Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 350+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In five years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 900 million euros.
As our Team Lead Accounting within the Finance team, you will participate in and oversee our group accounting operations. Reporting to our Head of Accounting, Treasury and Tax and collaborating with our CFO and VP of Finance, you'll safeguard meticulously maintained records and to help us achieve sustained commercial growth by increasing automation.
- Your job is to build an internationally scalable accounting infrastructure.
- We have implemented an ERP system that you constantly refine and optimise.
- You will always have an eye out for automating recurring tasks with the help of our project managers, data engineers and external consultants.
- Together with a world class team of accountants you take pride in delivering timely, accessible and accurate financial reports for management and investors.
- You proactively communicate your own ideas and make your voice heard when it comes to shaping internal processes and systems.
- Under increasing workload, your first thought is automation, not hiring.
- You love getting lost in the details, but are no micromanager, because you trust your team.
- You are a mentor to your accountants and help them become the best version of themselves every day.
- You have a strong theoretical and practical background in accounting in an international context.
- You have not just operated accounting software but have also been closely involved in implementing and optimising it.
- Ideally you’ll have worked in a large start up / scale up environment for at least 3 years, independently driving international growth from a financial perspective.
- You thrive in international and diverse teams, act on strong leadership principles and have strong communication skills.
- You have detailed knowledge of more than two VAT regimes (one preferrably outside the EU) and have a full grasp of local GAAP in at least one continental European country as well as IFRS.
- You’re fluent in English and - ideally - speak conversational German.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- Choose to work from home or our modern office when needed—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- 30 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Work from abroad for up to one month every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Free tax declaration filing, of course, through the Taxfix app—and internal support for all personal tax-related questions.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.