As one of the most successful FinTech companies in Europe, Taxfix is an exciting place to work. We’re revolutionizing filing taxes – and saving people money, time and stress by putting a personalized digital tax consultant in the palm of their hands.
In just 2 years, Taxfix has raised €42 million from some of the best investors in the world. We achieved this by putting our customers at the core of what we do and helping them save millions of euros every week.
Our mission is to help people get their maximum tax refunds in a convenient, transparent and timely manner, hassle-free. Our user-friendly Taxfix App enables people to file within 25 minutes, without any prior tax knowledge or complicated forms.
Our talented team creates products that help people improve and simplify their lives. Our diverse group of over 80 people come from over 20 nations, with a shared passion for product development and creating an outstanding user experience. Join a team of smart, ambitious, driven people who value open communication and processes.
You will be part of a talented multidisciplinary product team working with the latest technologies. We have implemented, at the core of our stack, a tax expert system, which is used by domain experts to define the logic and the data models for heterogeneous tax cases and countries. You will dig into this world of modelling taxes using graph data structures and rule based engines. Likewise, you will be responsible for designing and implementing scalable software solutions that support our expert system and other core components in our stack.
What you'll do
- Be full-stack. Most of the solutions we build often requires backend, mobile, and web components.
- Apply innovative AI technologies to build intelligent software that can continuously assist users in collecting tax relevant information, enabling a fully automated and optimized tax return at the end of the year.
- Our team is looking for someone that is pragmatic, that applies the best software engineering principles to build simple abstractions for complex problems, and that enjoys working on an agile environment.
- You will be involved in important product decisions and work closely with the whole team to create intuitive and reliable apps.
What you need
- Be passionate about crafting high quality and elegant code.
- Previous experience building maintainable and scalable systems based on reliable and fault-tolerant services.
- Good understanding of distributed system and requirements for high availability.
- Experience in taking ownership.
- Previous experience with graph databases would be highly valuable.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms, or automated reasoning.
- Contributions to open source projects.
What You Gain:
- Get to make an impact on thousands of people’s lives every day
- Be paid a competitive salary with stock options
- Benefit from remote work opportunities and flexible working hours
- Have the option to take German language courses
- Be supported to grow and take leadership from day one
- Work with the best and learn from other competent and brilliant people
- Work in a beautiful, inspiring office in Friedrichshain
- Have the option to bring your best buddy to work. We love dogs!
- Get relocation and visa support
At Taxfix, we don’t just accept diversity, we celebrate it! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, color, disability or place of origin. We care about one another at Taxfix and are grateful for each person’s individual contribution to our overall purpose and goals.
Join us to build a better future together!