Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We're working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 350+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we're rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we've raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 900 million euros.
Our cross-functional team structure gives developers a broad scope of our stack. We're passionate about decentralised, end-to-end ownership and deep collaboration. We live our development values by learning from one another through internal meetups, hackathons, and close collaboration.
- Collaborating with the team and taking direction from the PM, continue the design and redesign of the Taxfix product with a user-centric focus.
- Contribute to technical decisions and strategy to further the long-term product vision.
- Work full-stack with minimal supervision, offering support/mentorship to more junior members of the team.
- Be part of the cross functional product team, working with React/ React Native and Node.JS.
- Be involved in key product decisions and work closely with the whole team to create intuitive and reliable apps.
- Collaborating with different teams across the business.
- Experience building solid backend services and well structured front-end applications
- Experience with integrating with diverse APIs
- Familiarity with Docker is a plus
- Passionate about writing maintainable and elegant code.
- Been working with Git, GitHub/Gitlab, and TDD.
- A pragmatic person with a strong positive attitude.
- Somebody who can work autonomously and overcome challenges with passion.
- Demonstrate curiosity and passion to continue learning.
The interview process:
For our Tech Recruitment Event, we will be offering a streamlined process for developers. This process will begin with a 30min HR interview between Monday, October 25th and Friday, October 29th. Our coordination team will then reach out to you no later than Monday, November 1st, with feedback and/or time slots for subsequent interviews.
Following the initial HR call, we aim to complete the entire interview process within one week. We will provide you with a selection of time slots (dependent on the number of participants). Of course, we do understand that personal or professional commitments may interfere with our designated Tech Recruitment Days, so we can certainly move promising candidates to a typical recruitment process if need be. Here's what the Tech Recruitment Days will look like:
- 45min Engineering Manager Interview on Tuesday, November 2nd - during this video call, we'll have a chance to find out more about your experience and what drives you. You'll also have the opportunity to learn what's happening within our engineering teams.
- 45min Cultural Interview on Wednesday, November 3rd - A chat with one of our specially trained cultural ambassadors. This interview will not only give you a glimpse into Taxfix culture but will also deep dive into Taxfix's core values.
- 2hr Pair Programming Exercise on Thursday, November 4th - This practical interview will cover a frontend (React) or fullstack (React + Node) challenge alongside one of our Taxfix engineers.
You'll hear back from us no later than three working days after your final interview. Please note that we reserve the right to cancel pre-booked interviews if we cannot move forward with you at this time. We respect your time and wouldn't want to waste it.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- 27 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal tech meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.